Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
dfryk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19708
Need a new 5th wheel cover

After four years, our Adco covers is in shreds. There appear to be several new companies in the mix now. Any feedback on the best ones?

We store our Montana in full sunlight in the Central Valley of California, hence, UV protection is paramount.

Thanks.

dfryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
I store mine in the sun also. I don't use a cover because of the wind and the cover flapping in the wind. I am in NORCAL in the Livermore valley. it gets hot here. today around 100 My decals are toast but mine is a 03. LOL
If you keep a good wax on your rig with some UV protectant you would never have to lug that heavy cover to the roof again.

Boat wax would be something I would consider.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:37 AM   #3
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
I know this post will become toxic quickly with both those for and against covers. That being said, I do use a cover during the winter. We bought a Calmark cover while living in Alaska for the Monty. It is 7 years old now and looks great. It is heavy, and I mean HEAVY, but fits well. Measuring correctly is the key. I have not had any issue with wind marring the finish. Maybe you do get what you pay for.

https://calmarkcovers.com/custom-cov...trailer-cover/

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
dfryk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19708
In our case, it isn't just the sun. We live in an agricultural area where there is a lot of dust. Without a cover, dust manages to get in despite the fact everything is closed tight.

Also, I do keep it waxed with a high-grade product.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:06 PM   #5
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
I have a nice cover, life time warranty and warranty transferable cover. Rip stop type material. Our 5ver sold and they did not take it. First one lasted 3 years then ripped. Replacement came in a week free of Charge. Forget the name brand at the moment but fits 35 to 4O’ rigs with high roofs.
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:58 AM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
This is a new one for me. Never heard of UV being an specific issue in California or anywhere. Just keep it waxed.

As for your roof just put a sealer on it every few years.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
dfryk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19708
Thanks for all the feedback. We purchased an Adco cover, similar to the one we had previously. (The prior one lasted 5 years.) This new one appears to be a bit heavier sidewall material than the prior one. It came just in time as the ag dust is heavy as the sun turns the fields into dust bowls.