Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Furnace Issue - Food for Thought

Back in the PNW and it got a little chilly the last couple of nights. Went to go turn on the furnace and nothing. Thought maybe there was air in the lines since I had just changed the propane tanks...no such luck. Pulled out the manual and service manuals and found I had an error code. That helped a lot. After performing a reset by turning off the power rocker switch and then back on the furnace ran as it should until the setpoint temperature was reached. The furnace stops the combustion as it should but throws the same error code. The error code pointed to the limit switch. After ensuring there were no obvious signs of air obstruction I proceeded to pull the shroud and plastic impellar apart to get to the limit switch. Using a ohm meter the limit switch was open. Ordered a replacement part. The part will be a couple of days getting to me so put everything back together. Set the thermostat on just to check that everything still worked and the furnace kicked on as expected. Put everything away and while doing so the thermostat reached its setpoint and the stopped the combustion and then the blower as designed. When I came back inside I forgot the thermostat was still on and after the inside temp dropped below the setpoint the furnace kicked on. Go figure! Even though the limit switch indicates that it failed open the furnace is now operating properly. This would be the first electrical limit switch that I have ever encountered that fails intermittently but first time for everything. I guess I will have a spare for when it finally dies.

PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote