Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2003, 03:10 PM   #1
Montana_61
Established Member

M.O.C. #61
Winterizing-don't forget this

I have posted this in another forum and got a lot of "I didn't know this", so I thought I'd post it here also.
When winterizing, make sure that you go to the city water connector in the RV there you will find a rubber washer holding in a screen. Remove both the rubber washer and screen and you will find a white tip - push this tip and you will find clear water will run out - this water will freeze if not released. This is a check valve to keep water from coming out when your pump is pumping water out of the fresh water tank. The best proceedure is- drain this water by pressing this 'tip' then after you have done the "pink anti-freeze" routine with pink solution running from all faucets and the pump turned OFF then go to the upper most faucet, (ours is in the bathroom), open it and then go back to the check valve and hold the tip in until pink solution comes out.
Another item. I read of people that only use air to blow out the lines - I don't think they are 'winterizing the pump', as water is still in the pump.

2001 GMC Dmax Banks Exhaust, Edge Juice
Montana Big Sky 3670 3 slides
Austin MN
(home of SPAM) the good kind

Montana_61 is offline   Reply With Quote