Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Anyone deal with any of these dealers

Tom Raper RV, In

West Coast RV in Pomona, CA

Sky River RV, Paso Robles, CA

If so how would you rate thier sales, delivery and service areas.

Thanks
Bob

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Tom Raper, Rv in Richmond, In, Right across the Ohio Border is a super large Rv dealer that carries many brands. They have been around for a long time. They do not carry Montana. We personally have not purchased from them but did deal via E mail on a then 06 Grand Junction and they were very competitive.Offered a 30% discount from MSRP via E mail. If you are willing to travel for the best price and do not care about having a "local dealer" they would be well worth a follow up. They have excellent internet sales and they do(did) deliver but the transport price is high and would no doubt negate any savings from purchasing local. Last Time I knew it was 1.50 per miles to CA.( that was from another Ohio Dealer and was a while ago.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:03 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
My advice to anyone contemplating purchase of an RV is to make sure you buy from a dealer who has a good reputation for service, regardless of price. A reduced price in purchase may cost you a lot more in the long run when you go to get service. A lot of dealers are only in the business to sell and could care less if they give you any service. We have purchased six RVs from the same dealer because of their service to us. May have cost us more than someone down the street or 300-500 miles away, but it was worth the additional cost.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Tom Raper has been in business a long time. This said my sister bought a trailer from the Richmond store and swears never again. Poor to no service after the sale. She states she should have walked away when they tried changing the pricing on the contract from what was stated just 10 minutes earlier. Stay away from this dealer, matter of fact ... RUN! JMHO. Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
If you are looking in Indiana, I highly recommend Rollin' On RV in Schererville, Indiana. However, because of the service, I would recommend finding the best dealer nearest to where you live. JMHO, but service is what makes the deal. If you look at the complaints on the forum, probably over 70% deal with issues the dealer should have taken care of without the need to involve Keystone.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
I also highly recommend Rollin' On Rv in Schererville, Indiana. I just ordered my second Montana from them.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I bought a class A from Tom Raper in Richmond, it was a used and we had a good pdi with them but not impressed with there sales followup or customer followup.
I do recommend Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle IN, they are a very big Keystone dealer with lots of units in stock and I have no complaints with their service department. Matter of fact I think a couple of times their service department went above and beyond. I would buy from them again.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I bought my Montana from Sky River in Paso Robles and I can't say enough nice things about them and their service department. We drove 150 miles to avoid doing business with the local San Jose Montana dealer.

Sky River had no game playing and were $10,000 less than the local dealer. The service department has been great. They let us take all of the time we wanted on the PDI and had no problem with us using the MOC PDI multi-page PDI list. They were patient when we had questions or needed clarification.

They even paid for two nights at a local RV Park so that we could try everything out and still be close by if we had questions or any problems came up.

I was been back three times for warranty work. They have always gotten us out in less than a day and I have never been back to have them re-fix something they had already fixed.

From start to finish everyone one I have spoken to at Sky River had been courteous and friendly.

Grant aka BirdingRVer

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #9
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Like Indy Roadrunner, I bought from Walnut Ridge in New Casyle, In. Very competative price, very friedly sales staff (Jeff Davis) and a vey responsive service dept. They also own a campground next door and will give you a couple nights to check out your rig before leaving.
winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
rnap50
Established Member

M.O.C. #4870
Walnut Ridge in New Castle IN. is where I have bought my last two units will be where I will get the next one too. There serve department is real good they also do a good job standing behind what they sell if you have a problem.
rnap50 is offline   Reply With Quote