Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #21
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
My circuit board is dry. I see water laying in the bottom of the big open chamber under the black plastic squirrel cage blower, in fact water ran out of it as I loosened the bottom screw. The small bundle of wiring coming out of the mount for the black blower was wet under it but not on top - looked more like condensation than drippage. When I loosened the screws holding the gas valve to the bulkhead and lifted it, more water ran out from behind it. The bracket for the igniter was wet. Water had collected around the three ground screws attached to the valve. I'm wondering if there is a way to run that fan without trying for ignition - maybe I can dry out the area near the igniter. When this happened initially, it fired up on its own after being left on for several hours. I not liking that idea because it is indeed attempting to light because I can smell odorant when and after an attempt.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #22
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
And the model # is AFMD35131 if anyone wants to know.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #23
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
The darned thing came on later in the day on 26th. I guess what ever was wet, dried out. I will pull the shower faucets after the freezing weather abates and check there for leaks since it is right over the heater and there was some shower use but I've not logged it in time reference to the furnace FTF.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #24
pyoung47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20913
The relay box is in the AC unit, but doubt that is the issue. Furnace will try to light 3 times ( I think ) then lockout. Necessary to turn off to reset. Low voltage and low propane are first suspects. If flame ignites then goes right out, probably flame sensor/igniter. If it doesn't try to light prob sail switch or board.
pyoung47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #25
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
This morning our furnace would not light. We are in Florida, but it was just above freezing when I got up. The fan came on, but then went off when the furnace did not light.

We do not run our furnace at night due to the high propane use and the noise of it going on and off. I get up on cold mornings, turn on the furnace to warm the place up, and we are good. We use an electric blanket to stay warm at night.

So I turned on the fireplace and the heat pump, but they are not as effective as the the furnace. I downloaded the guide (thanks, Carl!). Hubby went out and opened the access panel to the furnace. He said there was some moisture at the bottom, possibly from condensation. He hit the reset button, and then the furnace worked fine.

So I hope this does not become a recurring problem!

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #26
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
In my case anyway, after a driving rain moisture will be standing in the compartment. If the furnace is fired up while this moisture is in the area, the big blower will suck it into the combustion chamber, wetting the igniter and causing it not to light. Once things dry out it seems to work fine. I've looked in the basement and do not see where the water is coming from. Might be the vent tubes (inlet and outlet are the same fixture on mine) - a single tube fitting. Still, with ours, the issue has not been found.