Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #21
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
http://www.hometech.com/video/dssmul...l#PI-TSMS21504

Now I can make this work - Dual LNB; Two coax's from dish to multi-switch; One output from multi-switch to sat/cable connection in conv ctr & one output of multi-switch to bedroom or under storage or a seperate run to both.
I think this will work. Maybe this will help some of you other folks. I might even get two or three diplexers and get real fancy. Kerry

kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #22
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Kerry - go for it. Our stick house has 8 independent receivers using the multi switches.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #23
aaadave
Established Member

M.O.C. #5261
also, dish network makes a receiver, model no. 322 i think, that works 2 tv's on one rec. one cable to receiver and the other tv is run by rf ant. its not an hd or dvr reciever, but it's only about 125 bucks. dave.
aaadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #24
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
Kerry, With directv dish all you need is a dual LNB with two wires from the LNB each to a receiver. One to the satellite jack the other direct to the bedroom TV through its own jack. A little more difficult to run but not impossible.
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:31 AM   #25
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Once I got my Dish system working with the configuration I used that Bingo reposted I changed to Direct. Now I am kind of sorry and have three coaxes running to the Monty. I found that there are two types of duplexers, the original ones I used from Dish that only allow the voltage to the dish to pass through one side and ones that allow both signal and voltage to pass through both sides. I am now experimenting with the new duplexers to combine and split the signals to go back to running one coax to the Monty again. Only problem is that I will have to run the combined to the living room box with the DVR and a separate coax to the bedroom. I was hoping not to have to add another input to the Monty, but I see no other way. I will bring it through where the present Cable/Satellite hookup is in the basement.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote