Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
dennisl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7484
Leak around air conditioner

2007 Mountaineer 307RKD. This AM I was in the kitchen and noticed water dripping from the seam in the ceiling covered by a molding strip. Our AC is located in this area and the ceiling slopes away from the AC. Looks like it may be coming from condensation of the AC since we have had no rain since early yesterday. I went up on the roof and removed the shroud and everthing looks okay. Any ideas on what the problem might be. I'm no AC expert so any help appreciated.

dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
dennisl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7484
Won't anyone hazard a guess on this?
dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
dennisl,
I have had leaks from the air conditioner on other units when it rained and all it took to fix that problem was to take inside ceiling grill/shroud down and give the four bolts a turn or two to draw down the AC tighter on the roof. The AC usually sits on a rubber seal that over time may shrink or whatever and cause gaps for water to seep in.

This may not be your problem since it does it without rain. But if condensation runs onto the roof and travels it could seep in. Perhaps someone else will come along with a better answer for you.

Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
do a search for airconditioner leaking and see what you find--look in the archived area.

Seems that this has been a problem before and it has to to with the speed of the fan and "icing up" but I am not sure of the details--since I (Jan) don't know much about that stuff I sort of half remember things. Hoepfully someone will come along and give better info to you
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote