Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Sharp Carousel Micro/convection oven

Did a lot of baking yesterday in my convection oven (3 hours) and the latch broke. Where you push it in to open, stayed in and won't come out, even when pushing the door closed. So the door won't stay closed or latched. Anyone have this problem and an easy solution? We have duct tape holding it shut and the breaker off as the light won't shut off. We are currently at the ocean and not near any authorized service centers and I miss my convection oven!!!!

Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Ohiocamper
Established Member

M.O.C. #846
Had the same problem and had to have the electronic touch pad replaced since this is all one piece. Seems like the heat from both using the microwave and the stove melted the plastic. Cost around $115.00.
Ohiocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks Ohiocamper. I wondered about how hot it was getting on the outside. We took it to an authorized dealer today only to find out that he would have to order parts (4-5 days) Since we are camping at the ocean until next wed, that won't work. Why didn't he tell me that when I called. Would have saved me a 50 mile round trip. I guess I learned to ask the right questions. He said it was probably a broken latch, but from your response, it fits the scenario. So the moral of the story is...don't use it for extended periods of time. But I just had to do something with that zuchini!!!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote