Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2020, 03:56 PM   #21
mjlbj01

M.O.C. #24909
Recalibrate

We had that problem After manually leveling on a very hilly area. To fix, we had to manually put down all jacks about 6 inches and then do a retract all. It’s worked fine ever since.

mjlbj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:09 PM   #22
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
Maybe manul level it then recalibrate the system

https://support.lci1.com/documents/l...ration-process

Download the MyLCI app from Google play store. Lots of good info, TSB, manuals and troubleshooting are available on the app. Everything at your fingertips.
Good info..thanks!
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #23
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
[QUOTE=Montana Man;1194083]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
On my 2012 Level Up system, the position of the nose has nothing to do with leveling.

A quote from LCI: Auto Level Sequence
1. Front landing gear retract, lowering the front of the unit below level, stopping, then lifting the front end to level the unit front to back.

Regardless of where the rear of the trailer is on a hill or otherwise, if the nose can't go below level, it won't auto level.
Thanks
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #24
sohclover

M.O.C. #22429
Not sure if this will help, bring all 4 or 6 jacks down at least 6” and try a reset from there. Auto level won’t work if there is an error.
sohclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:50 PM   #25
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
If resetting the grounding point doesn’t cure it and your four rear jacks don’t consistently work properly but manual leveling works then I would say probably the rear sensor. I replaced mine because of rear jack issues when using Auto Level. System works fine now.

Tom Marty
Old 08-17-2020, 11:25 PM   #26
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
John-- I haven't read all of the post to your original post but have you tried calling Lippert (LCI) Customer Service on the problem? I would say the Lippert Customer Service is one of the best around. You can call them and they will work with you over the phone and evaluate and run you through a complete analysis of the system and problem. I had a problem with my system when I first got it and talked to them for nearly an hour and a half and we did everything their techs would have done if they were actually there with me. We finally came to the conclusion that one of my two batteries were bad and needed replacing. I replaced it and guess what, I haven't had a problem since. My resolution to my problem does not pertain to your problem but it is an example of just how good the Lippert Customer Service is and how much they care about their products. If you haven't solved your problem, give them a call and I'll be you solve your problem with that call!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #27
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
You indicated this is a six point hyd level up... When you remounted the mid and rear jacks for more clearance the hyd pistons are not able to travel down far enough for the front and rear remoe sensor to detect a change in level indication... thus they keep extending till the hyd pump system pressure cutoff switch kicks in killing power to the pump

There is NO resetting of the six point hyd lvel up system by raising and extending six inches... this procedure is only for the 3.0 electric system... those have hall sensors and the hyd system doesnt

place some blocks of wood under the leveler pads and then do an auto level... the blocks will make up for the raised height of the hyd jacks

you also dont need to recalibrate the auto level system because raising the mounted height of those levelers has not changed "LEVEL"... level is level
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:06 AM   #28
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
You indicated this is a six point hyd level up... When you remounted the mid and rear jacks for more clearance the hyd pistons are not able to travel down far enough for the front and rear remoe sensor to detect a change in level indication... thus they keep extending till the hyd pump system pressure cutoff switch kicks in killing power to the pump

There is NO resetting of the six point hyd lvel up system by raising and extending six inches... this procedure is only for the 3.0 electric system... those have hall sensors and the hyd system doesnt

place some blocks of wood under the leveler pads and then do an auto level... the blocks will make up for the raised height of the hyd jacks

you also dont need to recalibrate the auto level system because raising the mounted height of those levelers has not changed "LEVEL"... level is level
Agree,
I raised our rear jacks for more clearance, the fore ones 1 hole and the aft 2 holes. I now use Anderson blocks to minimize extension for maximum stability. Have had no issues with level up even after manually raising one side to change a tire.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote