Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2005, 03:54 AM   #1
Champ203
Established Member

M.O.C. #4767
suggestions on attaching towel bar

getting ready to augment the number of places to hang towels in the bathroom and before I end up with swiss cheese looking walls, how about some suggestions at how to attach (what size/length screw)???

Thanks....

Champ203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:37 AM   #2
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Since we opted not to have a washer and dryer I have added deeper wire shelves in the closet. I used to same things they did to secure the shelf. I drilled a 1/4" hole and pushed in the "molly" and then a "nail" that opens up the mollies jaws to secure the shelf. The mollies are about 1" in depth. Montana walls are about 2" thick. Also if your rig is level, use a level to set the items straight. Whe I used my level I adjusted so the shelves are tilted back just a smidge so things would stay a little better while traveling.

drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #3
hamcamper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #768
If you don't want to have holes in your wall you might try extendable shower rods as towel holders. That's assuming that you have two walls opposite each other that lend themselves to that use. I have one in my bathroom and it works fine.
hamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We added a towel rod on the water closet door, a magazine rack on a wall inside the water closet, and a big cabinet above the toilet. I used toggle bolts in each case and they are just as tight as they were 30k+ miles ago. Length has to be enough for the toggle to clear plus the length of run through the rod plus maybe a quarter inch. Those walls are thin.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
There are also towel bars from Camping World that hang over a door or the shower stall, which is where we hung ours. Using some of the rubber shelf liner under the hangers, it is now secure enough that we can leave it up when we travel.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:00 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I found a towel bar (over the door type) at Target that is both studerier and more attractive than most I had seen. We have the corner shower. This towel bar fits on the edging of the side of the shower so nothing is touching the glass. I have industrial strength double stick tape on the hangers and it does not move when traveling. Has three bars.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We use one that hangs over the door of the Potty Room
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #8
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
I got 2 24" Gold towelbars at Big Lots for about $5 each and mounted one on inside of WC door and one on wall opposite of Toilet. Used the Molly's. We put our large bath towels on them.
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:13 AM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
instead of towel bars, we installed the 3 M hooks. we hang extra towels on them. this way if we want to move them...there not permanent...no holes!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We picked up a towel rod at Wally World and mounted it to the base of the vanity.

The finish is a perfect match.
You will need to cut a bit off the rod so have a saw handy.
Since the base is only used for storage of cleaning supplies the towels are rarely in the way.

The following I cannot take credit for and I do not remember where I got the picture.
I merely post it as another solution to the problem.

Looks to me like they used the same tool racks as I used.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:17 AM   #11
Champ203
Established Member

M.O.C. #4767
Thanks for all of the info. We purchased the same set at wally world and I hung them on the walls just using screws. So far the bars seem very stable and the DW is pleased with my handy work. Merry Christmas....

Champ203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 AM   #12
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Found over the door towel racks at Wally World and Bed, Bath and Beyond that we use over the shower partitions, one inside the shower area, and one on the outside of the shower door. They stay in place while we are traveling with no problems.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote