Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Congratulations on the purchase of your new toys. You are going to enjoy them. If you can manage your business over the net you might want to be on the road more than two weeks at a time. The urge to travel may overcome your necessity to return home.

To answer some of your questions, monitor the MOC as much as possible and you will get many ideas from experienced RV'ers.

Your truck is a great selection. The long bed is not a problem. I have 3/4 ton super cab with long bed and the two benefits that I get from it is extra capacity on the fuel tank and not having to purchase a slider hitch to prevent the clashing of trailer and truck as do the short beds without a slider. The Dura-Max will give you more than enough power to tow with.

The 50 amp service is available at more and more CG's. The two items that you will have to do with out on 30 amp would be a second A/C and a W/D, otherwise the 30 amp will run everything in your rig. I do not have either of these and only use a 30 amp cord even in a CG with 50Amp. Don't have to wrestle with the monster cord and some CG's will charge more to plug into the 50 amps.

Most parks allow pets but have restrictions such as on leash only, picking up after the pet and not allowing annoying barking. Some require additional fees for the pet.

On the hanging of pictures....I hate to run screws in the walls because there is no telling how they routed the wires in the walls. One way to hang them is by Velcro. If at sometime you wish to sell or trade the trailer and try to remove the Velcro from the wall it will tear the finish.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote