Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #41
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/lashbroo...2007TisSnowing

From yesterday hooking up and this AM, potty breaks for the kids, shows the depth of the snow.

Will get some more tomorrow AM after the wind stops and we see what we are facing for clean up.

I know, I am on the outer limits here!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 AM   #42
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Well Carol We only got about 7 Inches here in Ft Wayne. Plowed out our driveway and two neighbors. The wind was blowing around 20 mph and keep blowing the snow on me.I looked like a snowman. Kept me warm though. you will get out of there soon. Don't start till it is safe.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #43
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ron, how are the highways, like I 69??

I got between 6 and 8, the skies are now bright and pretty blue, but still blowing to beat the band!

No snow plows have been seen, no surprise there, just reporting the facts!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #44
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Carol,

We had a tire go 10 lbs low on us when we were in Blanco State Park over a weekend. Bob filled it up only to find that it had dropped 40 lbs in two weeks(the next time he checked them). He took it to a gas station to have it checked and they couldn't find a leak. We put the spare on and hoped that we would have a flat. He did as Glen and Lonnie suggested and soaped the entire tire and removed the value stem. It isn't leaking anymore, so I guess it was the value stem possibly blocked open by dirt.

Hopefully, the weather will start improving and you will be on your way soon. The pups look like the could get lost in that snow I am sure they will be happy to be in warm weather too!!

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #45
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I don't know how 69 is. We have not been out on the roads. Probably by this evening on the news they will say. Have you checked the state police web sight. I think they have the road conditions on there.
Here is the link
http://www.in.gov/isp/2657.htm
Old 12-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #46
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Colleen,

I'll mention that to Al, just as a gentle reminder! I hope it held air, that will be nasty business getting that buggar off in these temps. ICK.

Ron,

OKKK, I'll check the link, see if it is the same as one I found the other night surfing around. I had not even bothered to check the sites, truthfully, as I am pretty sure you will be ahead of us on cleanup. Thought you just might know. I really cannot tell from the house, but I don't think they have plowed our street. We will really start looking over situations and status of our county to past Fort Wayne tomorrow AM.

The skies turned a beautiful blue late this afternoon, SUN is a good thing!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #47
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Carol,

Men love it when we give them gentle reminders......just like the one that I gave DH tonight about putting a heater in the well house. He hates it when I watch the weather..... I used to depend on him until the water froze in the well house. Nothing worse than camping in your house because the water is frozen between the well and the house.

We are having one of our coldest nights this year. It should be getting warmer from tomorrow on. Stay safe on the roads when you leave.

Colleen
Old 12-17-2007, 01:34 AM   #48
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, yesterday we drove from Champaign, IL back home to Alabama. Between Le Roy, IL, and south of Effingham, IL, we saw 40 - 60 vehicles in the ditch. The roads were snow packed and icy. We joined the line of vehicles driving 35 miles per hour and shuddered when we saw one rig towing a fifth wheel, headed north. He had a surprise waiting for him. None of the accidents were serious except for an 18 wheeler turned on it's side. Travel safe.

I haven't read this entire thread so I don't know if the above info is helpful to you.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #49
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Judy,

Road conditions anywhere along my intended path are helpful, thank you.

Glad you made it safe.

We are cleaning snow and checking that tire, road reports for I 69 in northern Indiana are still not favorable, blowing snow. But, we have a lot of packing to do, no leaving till at LEAST tomorrow AM

Thanks again! Do appreciate first hand reports!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #50
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carol,

You are probably already aware of this site but I'll list it anyway. It is a map of the U.S. that you can click on to choose the area you're interested in.

Dennis

Weather Map of U.S.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #51
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dennis,

Thanks, not sure I have used that particular one, so, will save it as a useful and favorite site. (a new tool in my bag of tricks! )

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #52
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Carol-
Have been following your thread the last couple days. There's not any weather forecast that I can relay to you to help you escape. Will be thinking about you and Al and your trip south, hope that you make it out of the cold country soon. It was in the mid-60's here today, suppose to be in mid-70's for the next three days.......hurry every chance you get but be safe!!!!!!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #53
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OK, folks, keep thy fingers crossed and send good thoughts, we are on the last legs of the prep to escape.

Current plan is to get outta Dodge, err, home ground, by about 9:30 tomorrow AM and head toward Terre Haute. (We believe the tire issue has been settled, but, if it lifts its ugly head again, we will revert to Plan A. )

Most of Tana is packed, the heat is on keeping the freezables from freezing! It is gonna be about 16 tonight, will keep the gravel road from thawing!

The frig in the house is clean and off, the last of the dishes have been done, the laundry is just about done.

I backed up a bunch of files on the MyBook, that and the camera, computer and air card are about the last electronic toys to be packed.

Last biggie is winterizing the house, will be done in the AM when we are done with breakfast.

The first 3 miles will cause ole Carol to hold on tight and probably give me white knuckles, it always does. After we hit pavement I think we will be fine, road condition reports were "wet and clear" a few hours ago. No precip is expected. The weather reports for 300 to 600 miles down the road are looking favorable, at least for now. We all know that can change, and we will be watching carefully!

I am ready to lose the thermies and the words, BATHING SUIT, are sounding FINE!

Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #54
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Carol I hope you get out of there. Honk as you go by FW. Safe Travels
Old 12-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #55
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We will be in Corpus Christi for two weeks. Honk again as you go by. Travel safely.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #56
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Go Carol go... (and Al)! See you in January.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 AM   #57
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
On the Road Again,

tee hee

okkkkk, we made it out, the 3 miles of snow packed gravel road with hills (We live in the Irish Hills, so, we got hills) were traversed with no trouble. 1.5 hours later and we are about to leave Michigan behind and pay Indiana a brief visit.

Roads are dry now, US 12 was a litle wet, but no ice or anything.

Safe rides all, have seen several haulers towing new trailers, towards Michigan, a MH towing a toad just passed us, he is headed the correct direction, warmer!!!

Whahoooooooo, we have 32 degrees, warmest we have seen in better part of a week.

Please excuse all typos, I am doing this on the fly and am not checking any of that!!

whahoooooooooooo
Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 AM   #58
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Glad you made it out. I think you were getting a little crazy thinking maybe you would be stuck up there all winter. Now that would have been bad. Safe travels.It is now 12:16 as I type this In about a half hour I will go outside so I can hear you honk. Not
Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #59
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
You GO Girl.....keep thinking warm temps. It will be warm in Central Texas all week. I am in shorts as I type this email. Just got through walking an hour and sweating.

You will be warm before you know it.

Colleen
Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 AM   #60
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Glad that you folks made it out,just be very careful. You will have nice weather for Christmas and you can lay by the pool.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote