Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #1
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Send a message via AIM to milsutter Send a message via MSN to milsutter Send a message via Yahoo to milsutter
Theater seats

Those of you that have replaced the theater seats, where did you get them? We have a 2017 3970RD & the chairs are going to need to be replaced soon. Just not sure where to look.

milsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #2
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
They lasted 3 years?
Old 03-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Send a message via AIM to milsutter Send a message via MSN to milsutter Send a message via Yahoo to milsutter
The fabric is coming apart
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
I think the trick is to measure the space you have to work with. Then, look in furniture stores and not rv retailers. Keystone installed good looking and comfortable seating however the material is of the poorest quality. Mine and my friends furniture is worn out already.

Like so many other things, it sure looked good on the showroom floor.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Glastop.com sells good RV furniture. We swapped out our theater seating from them three years ago, with ultraleather recliners, a high quality vinyl, and looks brand new today. $2K with a solid oak endtable and shipping. We also replaced the sofabed with a nice leather sofabed from Kanes Furniture. Lots of options out there. Just measure carefully.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #6
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Ours were replaced under warranty with Thomas Payne. Much better quality than the original ones.
We are very pleased with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200131_130500.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	5894  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
Mike3387
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19510
A Silly Question(s)

If I purchased regular furniture, as opposed to RV furniture, Would regular furniture have some sort of attachment point? Does regular furniture weigh more? Would regular furniture dis-assemble so I can get it through the door? These are the things I think of when looking at our furniture. Currently, they look great and I try to do my best at taking care of them, but I hear (read) quite a few post on how quickly they deteriorate.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #8
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Those are all good questions to think about when deciding to replace furniture. The ones I think about are the ones about getting the new furniture into the space without tearing things apart.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
When we replace ours, we'll get the new ones from Bradd and Hall in Elkhart. Been happy with everything we've bought from them. Not cheap, however.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #10
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
All the RV furniture is GARBAGE, Thomas Payne, Flexsteel and the others, the pieces that are ok are 3 times the cost of their residential furniture counterparts. These brands will not last any longer the the factory crap installed by Keystone especially Thomas Payne. Avoid all Bonded leather products as well it will all peel in 2-3 years of regular use.

unfortunately the 3790/91RD raised rear living as well as the front living the side couches are on a elevated platform requring you to buy from Keystone which would be rediculously expensive. One option is to have re upholstered.

With that said the theater seat you have options. There is a company in Oregon, Stanton Furniture they are a couch manufacture and make everything to order allowing you to pick from a 100+ fabrics. Because they are a couch manufacture they likely have one the proper size and the quality is excellent.

We purchased the 2017 Fleetwood Bounder the couch was very uncomfortable so I took it out to keep the interior consistent I was able to order the same fabric used in the coach and send to Stanton and they provided me with a beautiful electric over stuffed Theater chair (cost me $1100) Stanton has dealers Nation Wide. So if your side couches are fine you can order the fabric from Keystone (they should have it or can get from manufacture) and have it installed on a Stanton piece if you want to keep it all matching.

Check out what they have here http://www.stantonsofas.com/

Here is the Theater Chairs we had in our Class A. This was more confortable than anything we have in our Home. I should also not that ALL reclining couches are delivered with the backs removed so getting them in is easy. Chances are you have a retialer near you where you can see the furniture from Stanton.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$ on RV FURNITURE
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:17 AM   #11
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Hopefully we are going to be in OR& WA for several months after this virus thing blows over. I’ll check out Stanton. Thanks for the info,
Old 03-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #12
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
Good info Thxs
Billyj571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #13
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by milsutter View Post
Hopefully we are going to be in OR& WA for several months after this virus thing blows over. I’ll check out Stanton. Thanks for the info,
You should note that Stanton does not sell direct you will need to find one of their dealers to order so being in Wa or OR will note provide any advantage except maybe more dealers as their furniture is very popular in the PNW. Also all furniture is made to order so it takes several weeks from time of order.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:41 AM   #14
milsutter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17499
Thanks ya’all for the responses.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:54 AM   #15
Billyj571
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26029
It’s a shame the amount of money you spend on a trailer they put low quality Furnature in it then charge A ridiculous amount to replace it just my 2 cents
Billyj571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:17 PM   #16
mudrockatc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
All the RV furniture is GARBAGE, Thomas Payne, Flexsteel and the others, the pieces that are ok are 3 times the cost of their residential furniture counterparts. These brands will not last any longer the the factory crap installed by Keystone especially Thomas Payne. Avoid all Bonded leather products as well it will all peel in 2-3 years of regular use.

unfortunately the 3790/91RD raised rear living as well as the front living the side couches are on a elevated platform requring you to buy from Keystone which would be rediculously expensive. One option is to have re upholstered.

With that said the theater seat you have options. There is a company in Oregon, Stanton Furniture they are a couch manufacture and make everything to order allowing you to pick from a 100+ fabrics. Because they are a couch manufacture they likely have one the proper size and the quality is excellent.

We purchased the 2017 Fleetwood Bounder the couch was very uncomfortable so I took it out to keep the interior consistent I was able to order the same fabric used in the coach and send to Stanton and they provided me with a beautiful electric over stuffed Theater chair (cost me $1100) Stanton has dealers Nation Wide. So if your side couches are fine you can order the fabric from Keystone (they should have it or can get from manufacture) and have it installed on a Stanton piece if you want to keep it all matching.

Check out what they have here http://www.stantonsofas.com/

Here is the Theater Chairs we had in our Class A. This was more confortable than anything we have in our Home. I should also not that ALL reclining couches are delivered with the backs removed so getting them in is easy. Chances are you have a retialer near you where you can see the furniture from Stanton.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$ on RV FURNITURE
Yea, we have a 2014 front living model, side sofa/sleepers are on platforms, material is cloth, full of "pills" and getting very worn looking, really like the beds they make, guess I will have to look into reupholstering, probably not cheap!
mudrockatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #17
Mossdavidh
Established Member

M.O.C. #22802
We purchased a LaZBoy dual recliner with all electric controllers
Mossdavidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:13 PM   #18
lj_cox
Established Member

M.O.C. #19296
We replaced ours last year (vinyl was peeling on headrests, yuck!) with chairs from Lambright Comfort Chairs near Shipshewanna, IN. The new chairs are holding up great, very comfortable and much better mechanisms and storage than the old ones. I'd definitely buy from Lambright again!

We took the RV to their sales office and they removed the old ones and installed the new. The road to the building is narrow but there's plenty of room in their parking area for RVs.

We looked at Lazyboy and other regular furniture makers but they were all 1) too large for our space and 2) more expensive.
lj_cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #19
mudrockatc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj_cox View Post
We replaced ours last year (vinyl was peeling on headrests, yuck!) with chairs from Lambright Comfort Chairs near Shipshewanna, IN. The new chairs are holding up great, very comfortable and much better mechanisms and storage than the old ones. I'd definitely buy from Lambright again!

We took the RV to their sales office and they removed the old ones and installed the new. The road to the building is narrow but there's plenty of room in their parking area for RVs.

We looked at Lazyboy and other regular furniture makers but they were all 1) too large for our space and 2) more expensive.
lj cox, Thanks for the info! So does Lambright reupholster your existing furniture, or actually make all new operating equipment? Like the way our side sleepers operate, just hate the ugly fabric that is wearing out! Thanks again
mudrockatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #20
lj_cox
Established Member

M.O.C. #19296
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrockatc View Post
lj cox, Thanks for the info! So does Lambright reupholster your existing furniture, or actually make all new operating equipment? Like the way our side sleepers operate, just hate the ugly fabric that is wearing out! Thanks again
Lambright makes all new. They have a small showroom but typically you order from them and they custom make your furniture.
lj_cox is offline   Reply With Quote