Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2022 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2022, 05:05 AM   #1
snowmanfx4
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21279
Hit and run

I bought my own golf cart this year. Had to park my trailer over by the 300 area. When we went to leave the trailer was knock of the block under the jack. A gentleman came by and told us a guy that has been drinking ran in to it.
Would have nice if that guy would have told us. My name and site number was on it.
I will find out who did it.

snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #2
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
I absolutely hate people who commit hit and run. I hope you find him and hold him accountable. File a report too with the local police department.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:55 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Was there any damage to your trailer?
Old 09-19-2022, 01:14 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I have a dent on the rear passenger side of my Montana where someone clipped it when I was at a gas station. I didn't realize it until I finished pumping fuel and was getting ready to leave.

As always, I do a walk-around the camper and it gives me a chance to look at the logistics for my exit route. I noticed the corner was clobbered. I "think" I know when it happened, when a driver in a car was really irate with me, honking his horn because the tail of the camper was blocking his path because he was too stupid to go around it. I think he deliberately hit the camper and kept going.

Meanwhile I had a repair job. I got everything back in place, but did not replace the crimped J-panel. I did spray paint it and over time, the color blended right in with the existing. I had to replace the red lens on the running light and get a new bulb, but at least I didn't have to replace the entire light fixture. I thought about putting in an insurance claim, but figure the camper has a truly unique beauty mark now. Besides, my "temporary" repair was probably better than what an RV shop would have done anyway, and a lot cheaper, since I did not change out the J-panel wrap.

So yea, there are some real slobs and A-hole people out there who don't deserve the air they breathe! I bet the same guy who hit your trailer also throws his cigarette butts on the ground too!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Even if by luck you find who did it what will you do? They aren’t going to admit it and you can’t prove who it was. The police aren’t going to put a lot of recourses into this. It might be your best thing to do is move on.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:58 AM   #6
snowmanfx4
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Even if by luck you find who did it what will you do? They aren’t going to admit it and you can’t prove who it was. The police aren’t going to put a lot of recourses into this. It might be your best thing to do is move on.
Lynwood
Your right they are not to admit it. I don't like the idea there is someone driving around drunk. What if he would run over someone or ran in to your truck or 5th wheel. Would you want to know who did it?
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #7
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
Does the Elkhart Fairgounds have any security cameras ? Might be worth checking out.
kroskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:40 PM   #8
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
So sorry they should have told you
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote