Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
Drip, drip, drip.

My wife and I have traded our toy hauler for a repo'd 2008 3400 RL. We love it, however as soon as I hooked up city water I developed a drip that seems to run downhill from somewhere about where the shower stall would be and drips out right at the water/sewer control panel. Any clues before I surrender to my Montana dealer?

deadeyenevermisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Early in the game, I had a phantom leak and it was intermittent. Behind you convenience panel, you have a maze of water connections. Put you hand through the filter access panel and feel each line to see if it is wet. If so, tighten the connection. Also the shower drain has a nut on the bottom. From underneath, try tightening it. It took me awhile, but I got the leak located and stopped.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
I had both the shower drain leak and a leak from one of the water lines behind the plastic wall at the back of the basement storage. Both of these resulted in water dripping from under the Montana just behind the driver side basement door and a damp carpet on the driver side of the basement. I tightened all the connections behind the plastic wall on the driver side of the basement and replace the shower drain. No more leaks.

Other areas to check for loose connections that can result in leaks is under the sink in the bedroom and in the kitchen. It took me awhile to find all the loose connections in my Montana. The water line connections seem not to be completely tightened when they leave the factory.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
I also had the same leaks as mentioned earlier..Recaulked the shower drain and romoved the white cover to reveal the hoses and all the connections to the service center. I found two hoses that leaked. Tried to tighten them but to no avail. Finally replaced the hoses and now no more leaks.
muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #5
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
We have been back 3 times with water leaks, all under warranty. I sure hope they are fixed this time. Have a Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Also, on our 2007 3400, there is a backflush check valve accessed through the pantry into what would be right behind the shower. I had that valve crack on me and you could here the water running out when backflushing. Sounds like you may have a different problem, though, as you didn't mention that you only hear this water dripping when you back flushed your black tank?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
I can't hear water spraying anywhere and there aren't any wet spots inside the coach. I suppose I should put some fresh water onboard and see if it leaks from the demand pump or is it just city water. As soon as the city water was unhooked, the drip disappeared of course :-(. I think I also have a B/O converter but I'll let the dealer mess with that I think.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also had loose connections behind the convenience panel. Removed the big white surround panel and tightened everything up. We also had loose connections on the tub faucet, accessible from the panels below the shower, inside the rig. And Dsprik mentioned the backflush valve that also can be a source of leaks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Had a nick in our pipe that was behind the furnace. Already had the ones that were in the maze of pipe behind the convience center. We had to cut a hole in the pantry to reach the last leak as the pipe was between the pantry wall and tucked behind the furnace. The water dripped down right where the other leaks had.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
This just in: seepage at the corner of the steps going up to the bedroom caused me to investigate completely. I had removed my city water flow restrictor so as to back flush the black water tank and that seemed to have caused the leak. As others have, I pulled the white panel behind the water connections and found a leak on the demand side of the demand pump. Black flanged nut had been previously replaced with a worm drive hose clamp. I tightened up everything, left the city water hookeed up and turned on the demand pump, leaving it on for an hour while cheking for leaks. I also screwed the pump back down in a far more convenient position than it was. Thanks to all for the tip regarding the maze behind thewhite panel. MOC'ers strike again!!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Good Job!!! You aren't deadeyenevermisses for nothing. Otherwise you'd have to be called deadeyemissedthisone.

:-)
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote