Ok guys here goes (checkbook is now open),
I'm putting maintenance into the TV as it needs a little looking after. Once mechanical is done then we'll go into body shop work as the running boards probably helped the salt and road grim stay in contact with the fenders a little to long (body rot).
OK here’s the maintenance list with a few “toys” added at the end:
1. Check 7.3 inside and out make sure it’s worthy of $ spent. –
(So far approx $800. mechanical basically done total truck not just 7.3)
2. check and fix ride rite air compressor – need new tank
3. send to body shop fix front fender body rot (salt and road grim from running boards)
4. put on new “nerf bars” (to replace boards, otherwise to high for DW)
5. now new toys under hood
6. programmer (told this will give me better mileage and 100 plus more hp)
7. new 4” exhaust
8. new air box k&n or similar
9. new 5th wheel hitch either trailersaver or air safe technology (this is the biggest expense)
I should have this done in the next 2 to 3 weeks mechanical wise. Running new tank lines for compressor and tying it into the hitch,(fill and dump from inside cab)
When done TV is supposed to give better performance and fuel mileage. We’ll see.
Now open for comments and suggestions as this project is just beginning but TV is “sound” (only 130k) so moving forward.