Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 03:31 PM   #1
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The Nomads Will Be Back to Q - :-(

Last year our preferred area in Q was partially overtaken by the Minivan-Lee group of nomads. This group appeared to be new, and clueless, about boodocking and BLM rules (such as dumping toilet waste) and has caused some members to say they won’t return. And apparently, the nomads weren’t happy with us because of our hoity-toity attitude and generators.

Guess what? They plan to return this year. They don’t know where they will be exactly, and refer to rumors of new camping rules, but are planning to be on Plomosa Road starting on Jan. 16th. Here is a link to their You-Tube video. They specifically mention the Montana group around 17 minutes and 26 minutes in.

They ask for comments on the video at then end. Perhaps some will oblige them. Here is their Facebook Group if you are into Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/736687067214374

Old 10-25-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Though we obviously weren't there, I can only imagine the ruffled feathers.....
Old 10-26-2022, 05:36 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Carl - suggestion...Order 2 pink and gray paisley gaiters for you and DW (“those Montana people”)($30 will go a long way toward mutual understanding) and try to “feel” where you are before setting up your rig. Who can argue this spot or that spot if you - in fact - FELT your spot was correct? Then they would understand that Montana people are just like them except we also like to FEEL the purr of a generator.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Old 10-26-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
I don't remember having any conflict with them? Must have been after I left.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
Old 11-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #5
gordo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21136
If they can't understand that there are "dumping rules", I must assume they are the "FREE SPIRITED" type. You know, the party of love. Organic food, and green leafy products.
I would definitely help to enlighten them. I would not quit going because of these morons.
Having an "accidental" discharge of some gray water, via the hose, under their rig near the door. After the accident, during my apology, I would explain how lucky they are that it wasn't the black tank. Mention that you hope the authorities don't find out because it could get costly. Granted they are in a minivan, but they may get the clue.

Holy Crap, just looked at a part of the video. I guessing complete Prius driving tree huggers.
Don't bother talking to them. That would be a waste of good air. Hook your sewer line to the exhaust of the generator, and drag it over to their rig, and let it run. Then they can talk about the stinky fifth wheelers all they want.

Just a thought from a man with ZERO tolerance..
Old 11-03-2022, 01:51 PM   #6
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Watched the link from Carl n Susan, that lady is a loon.
Old 11-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #7
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
We were at the KoA on Prince Edward Island Canada this summer. Absolutely beautiful place.
Our neighbor to the right was leaving one morning. It was pouring down rain (one of the few rains we had all summer). He was soaked to the bone.
He had everything disconnected and raised the front of the TT to hitch it and water (guessing grey tank) came pouring out the pipe. He accidentally left the valve open. It stopped after a few gallons.
I didn't say anything. I gave him the benefit of the doubt due to working in the pouring rain.
It rained all day after they left. I'm sure it watered it in really good.
I'm grateful for lots of elbow room at this location
Old 11-03-2022, 06:01 PM   #8
gordo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21136
Accidents do in fact happen.
The actions I mentioned, are only intended for the referenced Nomads that intentionally dumped on the BLM land. Kinda like a warning shot...
Old 11-03-2022, 09:45 PM   #9
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
These folks come off as old hippies. Intolerant ones, at that.
Closed Thread