Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Tirzyk

M.O.C. #24411
Furrion Stove top

We are having an issue with our burners on the stove top as the only burner that will stay lit is the far right hand burner. The left and middle will not stay lit unless you hold the knob down in the start position and as soon as you let it go up the burner goes out.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Thank you in advance

Tom

Tirzyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Have you checked the gas line under the stove top? I don't know the names of the different parts but you might see if some bug has built a nest and plugged the airway, reducing gas flow.

The circled parts are usually an open system. I'd check there to make sure there's no blockage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-29 095824.png
Views:	60
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	6169  
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
Irv
Established Member

M.O.C. #19411
Furion stove top not lighting

didn't want to hijack this thread but since it seemed you got your answer, wanted to maintain the theme continuity (stove top) in the dialogue. We are also having issues with the stove top but it is the electric igniter. Most other threads are for the oven. Seems the arc is going down the insulator and not across to the burner fixture. Video available (too large for this forum) but pic attached. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	burner 1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	8589  
Irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
Tirzyk

M.O.C. #24411
The fix I made was that when they installed the cooktop they buckled the tray of the stove top. I pulled the burners covers off and took the stove top up and pulled up on the tray which raised the igniters to the proper height so they worked. I have not had an issue since
Old 03-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
Irv
Established Member

M.O.C. #19411
Thanks for the quick reply. Trying to visualize "...took the stove top up and pulled up on the tray...". Does this mean you took the stove top off the counter top, i.e. removed vent and putty knifed the top? And referencing the exploded diagram in this thread, is the 'tray' the gas lines or the SS top?
Irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #6
Tirzyk

M.O.C. #24411
Yes, Took the cook top off
So in the diagram the stands the burners screw to on the bottom tray and where the igniter and heat sensor connect to, those stands were forced down so they wouldn't reach the burner. I pulled up on those stands and the bottom tray popped up to where it should be and everything worked and have no issues since. there was a bow on that tray that was causing my issue