Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #1
ebds2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #23940
Sold RV - Have some stuff for sale

Pathway X2 Satellite Disk with King stand (much easier to use than the Winegard stand) and brand new Wally in the box (Cost new: ~$500, Your Cost: $300 plus shipping).

Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X 50amp Portable EMS with surge protection. One of the best you can buy (Cost new: ~$350, Your Cost: $200 plus shipping.

All of the gear has only been used maybe 3 or 4 times.

If you're interested, contact me at rgoldberg2019@outlook.com or (925) 586-8571.

Rob

ebds2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I've never resold any of my previous camping supplies, including 2 Coleman camp stoves, 20 pound propane tank, tank tree (I gave that to a Boy Scout group). When we purchased our current 5er, I had no need any longer for my Equal-i-zer 1400/14000 4 point hitch system. I ended up giving that to a fellow I work with who was purchasing his first travel trailer.

Gave away all our old tent stuff to my wife's nephew, including sleeping bags. Gave away awning parts, one-pound propane bottles, hoses, even our entire DISHTV satellite system, including the receiver and Tailgater to a young couple who just purchased their first travel trailer and wanted to use DISHTV. Ended up giving a really nice satillite finder to a random fellow camper at a State Park. He had a dish on a tripod. He was thrilled.

Given away so much stuff, I've lost track completely. Recently, I gave away a 30 amp extension cord to a woman I work with who just bought a brand new T@B camper. She's a solo female. She was thrilled. I also purchased for her all the adapters for 20 to 30 amp and even step down 50 amp to 30. She was elated.

Gave away my old Reese hitch system and BAL metal wheel chalks to my next door neighbor last Summer when she purchased a new to her used travel trailer.

I found I just wanted to get rid of stuff. In my opinion, it all served it's usefullness for me. I got my money's worth. If anyone else could use it after I was done, I didn't feel it right to ask for compensation. I just gave it away. Also, if for some reason the item ended up failing, there was no obligation.

Good luck with your endeavor. We all do it different. Just thought I'd share how we've done it for the last 35 years.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I've never resold any of my previous camping supplies, including 2 Coleman camp stoves, 20 pound propane tank, tank tree (I gave that to a Boy Scout group). When we purchased our current 5er, I had no need any longer for my Equal-i-zer 1400/14000 4 point hitch system. I ended up giving that to a fellow I work with who was purchasing his first travel trailer.

Gave away all our old tent stuff to my wife's nephew, including sleeping bags. Gave away awning parts, one-pound propane bottles, hoses, even our entire DISHTV satellite system, including the receiver and Tailgater to a young couple who just purchased their first travel trailer and wanted to use DISHTV. Ended up giving a really nice satillite finder to a random fellow camper at a State Park. He had a dish on a tripod. He was thrilled.

Given away so much stuff, I've lost track completely. Recently, I gave away a 30 amp extension cord to a woman I work with who just bought a brand new T@B camper. She's a solo female. She was thrilled. I also purchased for her all the adapters for 20 to 30 amp and even step down 50 amp to 30. She was elated.

Gave away my old Reese hitch system and BAL metal wheel chalks to my next door neighbor last Summer when she purchased a new to her used travel trailer.

I found I just wanted to get rid of stuff. In my opinion, it all served it's usefullness for me. I got my money's worth. If anyone else could use it after I was done, I didn't feel it right to ask for compensation. I just gave it away. Also, if for some reason the item ended up failing, there was no obligation.

Good luck with your endeavor. We all do it different. Just thought I'd share how we've done it for the last 35 years.
Let us know when you are ready to give away the 5er (once it has served it purpose).
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
ebds2019
Established Member

M.O.C. #23940
I actually gave away tons of stuff from my RV supplies to my contractor, who RV's. The items I listed were just the two things he didn't want. I literally gave him probably $1000 worth of stuff for free.

I can't help but think you were chastising me for wanting to sell a couple of things :-(.
ebds2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebds2019 View Post

I can't help but think you were chastising me for wanting to sell a couple of things :-(.
No, not intended that way at all. Just sharing there are alternative ways to move unwanted stuff, if price is not a concern.

Good luck. Hope everything goes well for you. ... Really!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote