Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
To this Valley they say.......

We are HERE! Arrived this morning (Wednesday) around 10:00. First disappointment: we were to meet friends for lunch; we got a call on the way that she was sick and they would not be able to meet us.

Disappointment number two: We do NOT have wifi in the RV. Have to come up to the "club house" to get internet connection or pay $40. For 3 nights, my Scot blood boils at the thought of paying $40. But it is very inconvenient to make the trip up to the club house to get online. Puts a dent in the 'surfing' and enjoyment of the forum, etc.

BUT, we are here and happy.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I sure hope you get that window fixed in time to make it to the valley. There's a great bunch of folks down here and it would be a pleasure to meet you both.

As for your window, when an order from anywhere is late coming in, one has to wonder where the fault lies. If the repair place is efficient and honest, then you can blame Keystone. But how many try to pass the blame? Let's hope everyone is efficient in your case.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:30 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dave and Shirly,

Since it rarely rains down here (almost nothing this year, although in the past, it has rained 3 inches in one day!)

Is the window problem such that you cannot use the unit at all, or is it something that could be done on your return to Northern Texas???

Gosh, hope you two can make it!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Thanks to both Judy and Carol for gracious responses.

Judy, there is no 'wiggle room' for Keystone on this one. We have known these people personally for years and they have worked on all three of our fifth wheels. They will not be at fault. We hope no one is.

Carol, yes we have thought about that, and we will certainly consider that. Still, it would be far better to have the work completed before we make another trip.

And to all, the window was broken on our last trip (to Georgia for a memorial service). Somehow the lever which opens and closes the bedroom window came loose and it came completely out of the "slot" leaving the window to fly in the wind (and quite understandably to shatter). We don't know where it happened, just somewhere between here and Roosevelt State Park in Mississippi (must be 300 miles).

Thanks to the friendly Park Ranger who helped us make the repairs to complete our trip.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad you have a repair business that you trust so highly. Maybe a few calls to Keystone would hurry the process along. I'd hate to have you miss that nice little museum we visited on Thursday.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:36 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Well, we're off to Shreveport for the BIG RV show. Hope they have some Montana models there.

I'm not much for making phone calls, etc. I have high expectations of people doing their part of the transaction, just as I intend to do mine.

Still, I'm hopeful, not negative! And the more we think about it, the more we are excited about a trip to the Valley.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We will keep our hopes up for ya! SEE YA HERE SOON!
Old 02-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Back from the Shreveport RV show. Only one Montana there, but it was the best fifth wheel in the entire show as far as we are concerned. We do wish the local dealer had brought another trailer or two.

The best thing of all was getting to visit with Mark Krol, one of the nicest young men you'd ever want to meet. We talked with him about several matters:
1. Our general high satisfaction with our Montana
2. The matter of the window discussed above. He was very helpful.
3. Our feeling about the need for solid doors between the bedroom and bathroom.

On the last issue, he assured us that the people at Montana/Keystone had heard the plea of many members of the Forum, and that he hoped we would see a response we would be pleased with. In the meantime, he showed us some really desirable floor plans in the Montana/Mountaineer which relate to this issue.

He is a first class representative for Keystone in my opinion.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Shirley just reminded me: that Montana was the model 3650RK.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dave, Mark is a FAB guy!! That said, we have to say, we don't think we have dealt with any one AT Keystone that is not FAB! I mean, they have always impressed us as REALLY NICE PEOPLE!

Interesting about the slider/doors. Keystone always comes up with something interesting!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #11
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
David I am afraid I have bad news for you. I didn't catch the fact you also needed a new window. We were in Elkhart, Indiana and had to wait almost three weeks for a new window for our large kitchen area. I think the dealer was the biggest problem, but Keystone was slow providing a new window to the dealer. We almost went down to the plant to pick up the window ourselves. But it finally arrived. Wish you better luck than we had.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #12
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Thanks, Northstar for the information and the expression of hope. Fortunately, we can be a bit more relaxed about the situation since we are not on the road and are not full-timing. We can wait comfortably here at home. I am going to check with the repairman tomorrow, and if he does not have a confirmed deliery date from Keystone, I will go get our Montanta and bring her home to wait here. We could even travel if we needed to, but we would have no functioning bedroom window.

Mark Krol urged me to call him when he got back from this road trip so he could check out things on that end. That was encouraging.

Are you in the Valley? If so, maybe we will get to meet you.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:22 AM   #13
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Just an idea. But do you still have the old frame? Could a glass shop replace it for you?
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:52 AM   #14
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Yes, Sweetfire, the frame is still in place and I think you have the right idea. Won't go into all the detail, but that is one of the things we discussed with Mark Krol. I am going to check with the repair shop tomorrow and see if we might not go that route. I'll let you know.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #15
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
We are staying in San Antonio this winter because of family here. However, we plan on taking a day trip down to McAllen (RGV) on the 16th FEB. for the lunchen to meet with other moc members--hope to see there. We are staying at thr Blazing Star RV Resort in West San Antonio.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #16
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Northstar, very glad to hear of your plans for Feb. 16. That means we may get to meet you after all. If we can get everything squared away up here in the woods, we also would like to join friends in the Valley for the luncheon.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #17
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Before blaming Keystone we should realize they do not warehouse spare parts. They have to order them from their supplier who then drop ships to your dealer.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #18
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
I just read back over this whole thread and do not see that "blame" is a major issue, and does not call for any correction. Keystone does not need defense against open and honest discussion of concerns.

For the record, we are clients of Keystone, not of Keystone's suppliers, so we can only enter the 'chain' at the link available to us and appropriate for us.

I, for one, am not blaming anyone. I think all is normal and acceptable, but I feel free to express my concerns.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:03 AM   #19
rvghostdriver
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4518
You bought your stick home from the builder but you do not go to the builder when your oven quits working do you?

My Montana came with a list of suppliers, with phone numbers, for appliances, furnace, water heater, etc. I think Keystone has just responsibility to give you the name and phone number. Anything else is above and beyond.
rvghostdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:15 AM   #20
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
To order parts for say, the door handles, we go to a Keystone dealer and order from Keystone. If I were David, I would do the same for window, people do the same for decals. I don't think that is the issue here, in fact, as David points out, there is not issue.