Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The dealer probably could use any number he wants. Sometimes there is a sheet in the Montana itself listing the base and options prices along with total. If nothing else, ask to see a blank order sheet. Then mark all the options it has and add it all up. I think dealers have some leeway on these things but at least you'd know what his "normal" msrp is when you got done adding it all up. A different dealer might have a different number for the same identical rig but at least you'd know what this one is using so he doesn't change it to make his deal sound better.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:23 AM   #22
jackw87
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3007
I had a leak in the rear window of a 2002 3255RL but I was able to fix it it was the black rubber seal around the glass that was leaking Jackw87
jackw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jack, how did you fix it? Did you caulk around it or replace the seal? If replace the seal, where did you get the new seal? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:50 PM   #24
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
No leaks for us, 05-3475 and we have had some nasty AL rains. I think the slide awnings help though.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We haven't had any window leaks, either, and I hope we never do.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #26
Montana_2505
Established Member

M.O.C. #2505
Our 3395RK (2005) bedroom slide leaked from day one. It seemed to be leaking from the bottom as only the floor in the br would be wet. Took it to the dealer twice and they caulked it in an ugly way, but the leaking didn't stop. Finally hubby started his own investigation, it it appeared the "rubber gasket" above the slide was curling UNDER as the slide was going out. (This was occuring just about in the center of the slide and it took some doing to even see it.) The water was apparently running in under this gasket and down the sides of the slide, making it seem as if the leak was near the bottom of the slide. We got a small dowel and were able to reach the gasket to "uncurl" it.
Montana_2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:58 AM   #27
jackw87
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3007
Steve
I had my grand son water down window while I was inside to see where it was liaking from then I pryed the seal and put a small amount of silicone under the glass where it was leaking . I had no more problem with it
jackw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:55 PM   #28
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Sorry for the long delay, I PM u earlyer. I do not have the extensions on downspouts. I was thing of using a pice of pvc to correct this issue.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

Wendell, do you have the extensions on your downspouts? Our 2005 has the extensions and I'm wondering if that helps.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:43 AM   #29
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
I think it may have been me you refer to.Sounds as if the rain gutter you speak of is pointing in the wrong direction, to my mind it should direct the water outboard, not in. I took mine back 6-7 times before keystone finally decided to have it sent back to the factory, this happened ONLY after I send them copies of ALL the repair orders from the dealer and a letter saying that this is my official notice that they have had ample opportunity to repair it and had failed. I sent all this by registered mail so someone had to sign for it. In texas you must give the dealer at least 4 tries to repair a problem and the factory gets one attempt before you can declare it a LEMON. Believe me, they do not want that to happen for more than a few reasons, money being the biggest. Keep your records and make them do the job right and one day we will all get a better quality product for the bucks we pay for these machines.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by larryngail

We also have a bedroom slide leak. The water comes in from the bottom. The seals seem to fit flat and tight, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've looked behind/under the seal and there's like a little rain gutter that runs down the sides. At the bottom theres a little spout which faces the rig (faces in). I'm not sure, but I think this is the problem. A design flaw.

I remember reading about another Montana Member having the same experience -- and took their rig into the dealer. I think the fix was the dealer extending the little gutters so that the water wouldn't run into the bedroom.

WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #30
Montana_1774
Established Member

M.O.C. #1774
May I jump in with my two cents? We have what is suppose to be a 2005 Mountaineer 32RLS, First big rain we were in the two bigger slides leaked, at the bottom. Took it to the selling dealer who replaced all seals, gaskets or whatever on all three slides. The next time we were in heavy rains the largest slide and bedroom slide leaked. Mine you, the bedroom slide did not leak until the dealer "fixed" it. I don't know if anything was changed from the 04 to 05 units. I do know that 05's will leak. I would be happy to take it to Keystone if they could assure me that it was fixed.
Montana_1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #31
Montana_2825
Established Member

M.O.C. #2825
Check out a thread called "Bedroom Slide Leak" started on January 22. It may help.

wingnut
Montana_2825 is offline   Reply With Quote