Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #21
just green

M.O.C. #10302
Well good luck guys! I've always had nothing but good luck with the Blue Ox company and the staff that works there. We have several of their products... Aventa towbar, base plate, and just recently purchased a Tru Center. They truly do make the highest quality products and do stand behind them 100% so just be patient, I'm sure they will come through for both of you!

just green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #22
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Breaking news! ! !
The truck contracted by Blue Ox arrived!
I hope I don't have to go out and purchase a new hitch in the event I never see that one again.
I'm giving them a chance anyway.
Jerry
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
just green

M.O.C. #10302
Great news Jerry! Hope everything works out well for you... like I've mentioned in previous threads, I've only had great service from Blue Ox, so I applaud you for giving them a chance! YOu won't regret it
just green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #24
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Sorry for the problems that you have had with Blue Ox. We had a Blue Ox bed saver for our Reese. When we changed trucks, we got a new Curt slider hitch for the new truck and our bed saver not only didn't fit the new hitch, Blue Ox didn't make one for it. They told us that, if we could come by their factory, they would design one for it, let us stay in their campground and, since we had purchased the original, they would not charge us for this. We are now in their full hookup campground on the factory property and the process starts tomorrow. We are very impressed by their service to us. We used a Blue Ox tow bar for a MH that we had before Montana came into our lives and have never had a problem with them.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #25
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Well, they are certainly SAYING all the right things. Time will tell, they didn't have to volunteer to do anything, but they did - I'm just trying to follow through and make sure it gets done in a timely manner 'cause I can't move my RV till the job is complete.
Regards,
Jerry
Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #26
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Jim,
Since ur there . . .Tell them guys to get busy on that Robinson guy's hitch down Virginia - he needs it!
Regards,
Jerry
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #27
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Gasp!
Mandy, from Blue Ox called and said my hitch (with the newly engineered bed-saver installed) had been shipped from the factory!
Well . . . don't mean to be cynical but I'll let you know when I actually see it.
Regards,
Jerry
ps did I mention that this entire operation, all costs, including the bed-saver itself, is being paid for by Blue-Ox? Of course I didn't charge them anything for using my hitch as a "pattern" for a new bed-saver model.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #28
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Outstanding, Jerry! You should have held out for royalties since they used your hitch to develop the pattern and product. Oh well, I guess you shouldn't push it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #29
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
That's great, Jerry. They used mine for a pattern, too, but I was just grateful for the service that they did. In this day and age, I do not hear of this kind of factory service often.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #30
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Good suggestion Art,
Like you say, though, I'm not gonna push it. I'm just glad to find an American product with an American staff, utilizing American Labor to meet my needs.
On edit - just received the hitch with saver installed - looks great. See other(thread)post for part number info - seems they made a mod but I can't confirm that.

Jerry