Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We're at the Rally!!!

Unfortunately, it's a Heartland Rally at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, Indiana and not the Northeast Region MOC Rally in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. Since I don't think a Dodge Stratus (loaner car) will tow us very far, we're stuck here.

Except for the Montana next door (who just happens to be MOC's very own Mobilrvn), the Travel Supreme on the other side and another Montana next to them, there are Big Horns and Landmarks everywhere we look!!! On the up side, it is somewhat entertaining to watch the Rally people doing what Rally people do ...

Hoping to take delivery of the new truck today ...

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Way to go Vicki. Enjoy the new truck. I didn't realize that you bought it in Indiana. We look forward to seeing pictures and hearing how you like it.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We're missing you in Kutztown Vicki!!!!

It's great here - Montanas arriving all day long.

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hey! Guess who's in the Montana on the other side of the Travel Supreme? The MOC's very own Ken and Velda!!! It's a mini-mini MOC rally!

Oh ... the truck won't be ready until tomorrow
Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Our lose, their gain. Really are missing you 2 here in the Northeast but if it were me I too would be doing the same thing.
Getting a new TV is akin to getting a new Monty. Certain things in an RVers life take precidence and any new toys are at the top of the list.
Hopefully we will be seeing you 2 in September, new TV and all.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, if you have to sit and wait for a new truck it's nice to be among 'family'. Greet Ken and Velda from us. We enjoyed meeting them at the Elko Rally.

Hope that new truck comes through for you today! You've waiting long enough.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
NEW TRUCK? Did I read a NEW TRUCK??? What will be pullin' Monty now??
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hey Vic ... they tell us we've bought an '07 Dodge 3500 MegaCab ... however, since we STILL don't have it, I'm having a bit of difficulty believing it!

Can you tell we are NOT happy campers?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Our lose, their gain. Really are missing you 2 here in the Northeast but if it were me I too would be doing the same thing.
Getting a new TV is akin to getting a new Monty. Certain things in an RVers life take precidence and any new toys are at the top of the list.
Hopefully we will be seeing you 2 in September, new TV and all.
And we are getting unhappier by the moment. Originally it was to be ready late Wednesday (this PAST Wednesday). Then it was delayed and will be late Thursday. Then Friday. Now, they tell me the liner spraying machine broke and is being repaired (today). But... it will be ready by noon on Saturday, when they close for the weekend. Besides the liner they still have to install the hitch, the toolbox, the tubular side steps, and the bedrail caps. Any bets on noon Saturday?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congratulations on new truck. Hope it is ready for you by Saturday.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

And we are getting unhappier by the moment. Originally it was to be ready late Wednesday (this PAST Wednesday). Then it was delayed and will be late Thursday. Then Friday. Now, they tell me the liner spraying machine broke and is being repaired (today). But... it will be ready by noon on Saturday, when they close for the weekend. Besides the liner they still have to install the hitch, the toolbox, the tubular side steps, and the bedrail caps. Any bets on noon Saturday?
BUMMER!!!! Now hit your self in the head and repeat after me...

WOW! I SHOULDA HAD A V8". Duramax that is.

But seriously, It's always one of them "If I only knew what I know now." Hopefully they'll come thru for you for delivery today (saturday). We're pullin for ya!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
nahhh, Glenn. Drove them all. Bought the Dodge. I was confident each of the other days that it would be ready, and it wasn't. Today I'm not very confident, so maybe it really will be ready. I don't like sitting here unable to move (no tow vehicle). I guess that comes from four years of freedom to pick up and move whenever we want.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:32 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Still stuck in Goshen. This morning I went to the dealership to pick up the paperwork I need to get this thing registered. The general manager told me he called Dually Depot and the liner spraying machine is still not fixed. There is an extremely remote chance we'll get the truck today but I think it's next to impossible since they close at noon. This was about 9:30am when I was at the dealership. So, now we're looking at probably Monday afternoon with departure from Goshen on Wednesday morning. At least the loaner car gets better mileage than the truck.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:27 AM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
At least you can find something positive about your situation, Steve. Wish we were there to play a little MT to pass the time. I'm sure you and Vicki have seen all of Goshen that you need to see. Sorry for this bump in the road.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It is frustrating but being retired we have the flexibility to deal with it. I'd just like to get it over and done with. I don't suppose it's possible to play MT over the internet...
Old 06-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #16
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Steve, you wanna' borrow my Duramax for the weekend? It's not far away!

HE HE
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sure, Dale. Bring 'er on over. I'm really tired of driving this tiny Dodge Stratus loaner. It's not a bad car, it's just small. Or come over for a visit if you (and Gail) have the chance.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Steve, I think I saw Dale at the Mexican Train table at the rally.....
Old 06-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #19
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Congrats on the new truck (I think). Sooooooo, where you able to get delivery this afternoon?????? Don't you just hate waiting for something? And especially since you have lost your freedom - why is it, that we really get the urge to move on out when we don't have the wheels to do so?? Guess you will just have to take a drive in the lil'oStratus and treat yourself to an Amish dinner!!!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Not yet. Monday afternoon is the latest "prediction." I think these guys went to the same school as our weathermen.