Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
Montana_4672

M.O.C. #4672
Hello from The Wandrin' Waters!

Hi Everybody!

Mary and I are new to posting in forums, but look forward to learning about posting, Montana issues, and tips & tricks others have used to make their RV's more comfortable.

We bought our 2004 Mountaineer 298RLS in June of '04 and began living the fulltime life this past November. We are currently in the El Paso area and expect to head east at the end of next month (most of our family live in Georgia and Florida).

Our internet access is intermittant so we may not be able to monitor and reply to this forum as quickly as some, but we will as best we can.

I expect a lot from forums like this, and I know I won't be disappointed!

Montana_4672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
This is truly one of the best and friendliest forums, Ray and Mary. We have family in Alabama so you'll probably be traveling close to our home near Montgomery. Sorry, we won't be there. We're going to the rally in Reno next week. Welcome to the forum!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:11 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ray & Mary, welcome to the MOC family.

Quote:
quote:I expect a lot from forums like this, and I know I won't be disappointed!
You CAN expect a lot from THIS forum and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed in having joined. It doesn't seem to matter what your questions are about, be it the Mountaineer, the TV, the hitch, RVing, and even cooking you call it someone in here will have the answers you desire.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:18 AM   #4
Montana_4672

M.O.C. #4672
Thank you all for your kind words. I'm sure we'll learn a lot AND have a good time here.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:47 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome. The people here are friendly and helpful and there is a lot of information to be studied on the forum. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Ray and Mary, in case you make the wise decision to hold north and follow I-20 instead of I-10, you will be passing about 23 miles south of our place. If so, we'd like to hear from you.

I certainly would prefer to go across I-20 rather than I-10 right now because of the effects of two major hurricanes. There are several ways to get down to Florida through Mississippi or Alabama. We often go I-20 to Jackson, MS and then down to Hattisburg via US49, then pick up US 98 directly to Mobile. Except for a very short section just as you enter Alabama and approach Mobile, you can make good time. More details if you need them.

You may be just as familiar with these routes as I am, but thought I'd mention them.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #7
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
Montana_4672

M.O.C. #4672
Again, thanks to all for the warm welcome. PADREDW, thank you for the I-20 advice. We had pretty much decided to take that route - don't want to be in the way of all those people down there trying to regain their homes and their lives. We'll check out the route from Jackson down to Hattiesburg and on to Mobile. We don't have enough info just yet, but are looking into a Habitat for Humanity project in Jackson. We've heard they're building "kits" (I know there's a better word, but I can't think of it) that can be trucked in and assembled where they're needed.

I haven't been all through your website yet, but the first pages are great. I'll write again after I've had time to look thoroughly. More later.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Ray and Mary!

We've taken that route from Jackson to Hattiesburg to Mobile a couple of times and agree it saves lots of miles and time. When you get back on I-10 at Mobile, there's a big sign about no hazardous materials in the tunnel under the Bay. So the first time we went way around some truck route that must have added 20 miles and went through a not good part of town. Later we found out they mean real hazmat and not our propane. So it's ok to cross the bay via tunnel and bridge with propane on. As Padre said, you may already know this, but just in case...

Have a good trip.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #10
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
I don't think there would ever be a problem, but I think the 'technical' requirement of the law is that the propane valves should be turned off before entering the tunnel. I always stop at a rest area before entering the city and turn them off. I made inquiry at the Alabama Welcome Station on I-10 and was told the above information. I was making inquiry to avoid that route that Steve was talking about. They told me, "RVs with propane are legal in the tunnel, but tanks should be turned off."
Old 09-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #11
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
And Waters, I meant to say "It's great of you to work with Habitat for Humanity." That is a wonderful organization. I worked on a house when I was pastor in Longview, and I really believe in the program.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:59 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ray and Mary
Welcome. "Kits" is okay. I did some of this in my previous life when I worked in construction in NY. They make up templates to cut all the wood for the framing and roof truss and then mark everything (we numbered) so that even the most novice person can do the cutting and assembling. It is really neat to see it go together really fast. Thank you for the work you are doing for others.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #13
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Welcome
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:37 AM   #14
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Ray and Mary to the MOC we are so glad that you joined and look forward to seeing your post and hearing about all your great adventures. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:03 PM   #15
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome rewaters49, You are in for a big shock, This forum is just what the Doc. ordered. jump in and have fun.

Just 148

Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote