Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2005, 06:44 AM   #1
Montana_3359
Established Member

M.O.C. #3359
New to Montana

My wife and I have ordered a new 3500RL should be delivered by April 16th. We presently have a 30' travel trailer. and have enjoyed going to the beaches and mountains of North Carolina. We are getting within 5 years of retirement and decided not to wait. We have been going to camping shows for the last couple of years, and when we finally saw the 3500RL. We made our decision.

I have a 2005 F250 6.0 4X4, from everything I see I sould have no problem pulling this 5th wheel.

Bill and Gloria from NC

Montana_3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Bill and Gloria to the MOC Fmily.

You have made an excellent choice in the 3500RL. Lorraine and I feel the 3500RL is going to be one of the more popular units in the Montana line. It has a great floor plan and the doors seperating the living area from the kitchen/dining area have received many favorable comments.

As you prepare to pick up that new 3500RL take a look at the PDI (PreDelivery Inspection) Checklist. I would suggest that you print this check list and take it with you on the day you pick up your new rig. Following this check list, go over your new rig with a fine tooth comb. This is a very time consuming project and you quite possibly may not find a problem. It is far more desirable to find any problems before any deal is finalized and while the rig is still sitting on the dealers lot and not in your first campground somewhere down the road. It would not be a bad idea to also carry a small tool box and a good flashlight along as you may need them.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hey,hey, welcome to the mad, mad, Montana Land. Congratulations on your new rig. I predict many hours of enjoyment for you and yours. I think you have plenty truck to handle the Montana. If it is a short box, you probably need a slider hitch to prevent smashing out your rear truck window and/or messing up your front cap on the trailer. Since I have a long box, I don't need one. I am sure some other poster will better inform you. Again, welcome and happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:52 AM   #4
Montana_3359
Established Member

M.O.C. #3359
Thank for the information on the checklist, I didn't think about that.

and I did get a slider 16K hitch.

One of the main reasons we liked the floor plan is our son-in-law is in a wheel chair. he can move around and still have some privacy by closing the back doors when he needs to.

This is a great forum for information.
Montana_3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Welcome and Congratulations! You will enjoy this group and all there info....Happy Camping!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome, you'll enjoy the hills of North Carolina even more in your beautiful Montana. Congratulations!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
willij
Welcome to the forum. We have been passing a lot of time here and trying to learn all we can before we pick our Monty and things have been discussed that had not previously entered our minds. We ordered a new 3295RK on Jan. 20 and were told it should arrive in about six weeks. We expected eight weeks and last week had set a walk-thru date for yesterday and it did not happen. I talked to the dealer this morning and the unit has still not arrived and it was supposed to have been picked up at the factory for delivery last Friday. Don't know what the time frame for your April 16th delivery is but this should give you some idea on how the delivery dates are running on new units coming from the factory. We are anxious, needless to say. Hope that your dealer can hold your date better than our dealer has, going into the ninth week as of today.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Bill & Gloria, Welcome to the Montana Owners Club! You have chosen a great unit. I agree with Glenn, be sure you check everything out before accepting delivery on your unit. Using the PDI list will make your delivery much smoother and will save you from future questions on some items. May even save you a trip back to the dealer as any minor problems can be taken care of on the spot. Keep us posted on your delivery date. It is always nice to share in the excitement of a new unit delivery. Brings back the excitement we all had at one point in time. Enjoy the forum and jump in with any questions you may have. There is a great deal of experience represented here and someone will likely be able to answer any inquiry.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #9
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome and congratulations on your new Montana. The forum is a great place to exchange ideas and learn from the voices of experience. Enjoy.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:14 AM   #10
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome and congrats!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:51 AM   #11
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome Bill & Gloria! May you enjoy your new Rv for many years to come. We look forward to your future posts!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #12
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Congratulations on your new fifth wheel,as you have seen in the responses this group/family is the most honest help you will ever find. i am very new to this web site, however I have read through most all of their input and it is very sound advise and extremely helpful. Along with the flashlight etc. I might suggest a digital camera to take pictures of any trouble areas for your records. I don't like paper,everything is stored in the computer.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Bill and Gloria the the MOC.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Bill and Gloria! The 3500RL is one of our favorites, a gorgeous rig. Your 3500 will probably weigh just a little less than our Montana so I can tell you (see signature) you'll have nothing but smiles towing your Montana with the F250.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #15
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Bill and Gloria - welcome to the club. We all look forward to hearing about your travels.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote