Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Facebook

I saw this on another RV site and had to re post it.

For those of my generation who do not really comprehend why Facebook exists:

Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.
Every day, I go down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, what I will be doing and plan to do.
I freely spout my political and religious thoughts without regard to theirs.
I give them pictures of my family, my friends, my dog, my vacations, my gardening and spending time in my pool.
I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them.

And it works. I already have 3 persons following me: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist.

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:24 AM   #2
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
MOC needs a like button!!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:42 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Some excellent reasons why I mostly avoid facebook. Tell them not to worry, just un-friend the two cops and the shrink and they'll go away.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
I like... Hey there Yamaha_Mama how about a photo of Stanley and Sadie in the hot tub.. Now that will get the forum talking..
Old 07-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I read that to my Facebook junkie Wife and she laughed her head off and she is going to post that ON Facebook.....Funny stuff
Old 07-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
DHenry I think you got it.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hit the nail on the head, Doug! Belong to FB and the Montana Section of FB also. Do I agree with everything//H--l not but I do read most. I finally found how to stop all the postings on my email address from "friends" posting on FB. I would have to sit and delete nearly four or five pages a day of names and posts put on FB. Now I just go and click on FB and scan through the posts I want and pass over the ones that I really don't care about!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:59 AM   #8
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
DHenry, too true, thanks for a real good laugh. Happy 4th.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Drifty.....I don't think there is a picture of Stanley AND Sadie in the hot tub. The hot tub photo session was when Stanley was 'footloose and fancy free' if you know what I mean!!! I will put my IT department on posting Stanley's adventures....well maybe not ALL of them!!?!?!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #10
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
So please let me know the real difference between this forum and FB as I am very new and do not see much difference between them. Oh my god I am getting old as they seem to be the same. Pictures and hints about what to do or not to do. They are the same. Maybe we can just claim one is more dignified than the other. NOT. They are the same. Just a little different format in the advertising. LOL

Tom Marty

Old 07-05-2015, 03:09 AM   #11
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
It has only been 4 or 5 years ago when my grown kids started telling me I needed to "get with it" and trade my flip phone for a I-phone, get on FB, plus start using PayPal.

Just before I turned 60 I did end up getting an I-phone. Mainly because at the time I needed to check emails for my small business, plus it doubled as a camera, level, notepad, weather radar, and about everything else.

FB is way overused and can get pretty silly. Never joined and never will. The OP's original post is pretty funny but actually sadly accurate. I don't really think this forum is anything like FB. If folks on here start posting what their grandkids said or did every day, or what they are planning on fixing for dinner tonight, then I will immediately erase the MOC from my favorites and never come back.

Finally tried PayPal last year because it was the only way we were allowed to pay for fall MOC rally. Didn't like it and will never use it again.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #12
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dam Worker

So please let me know the real difference between this forum and FB as I am very new and do not see much difference between them. Oh my god I am getting old as they seem to be the same. Pictures and hints about what to do or not to do. They are the same. Maybe we can just claim one is more dignified than the other. NOT. They are the same. Just a little different format in the advertising. LOL

Tom Marty

The difference in the Facebook page..for Montana Owners is... Facebook is for social activities. It originated as a friends list of a Facebook user ... and grew so much that the originator was going to delete unless someone wanted to monitor it. Someone stepped up and then someone else gave it up and now... There are 4 admins...(myself one) and 675+ members. We get many..many..people wanting to join that a translater is needed.. BLOCK....Wanting to sell... With guidelines permitted.....and some with pictures of things none us need to view... BLOCK!!!

This forum... Has many, many, many...more members, with much more experience with their rigs and...are willing to share information!!!
In fact, as admins...we refer everyone ..who asks to join...to come here to the forum and ask questions. (Have you noticed more are joining?). Finally some members here have joined Facebook also....and strongly suggest coming here for answers to their questions.

Short answer... Facebook is for social interactions... Forum is for Q & A.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We can control what we post on Facebook. We can control what we see on Facebook. It is simply a matter of educating your self. We use it all the time.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote