Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Tfor2

M.O.C. #14258
Coast to Coast membership?

We have an opportunity to sit through a presentation with Midwest Outdoor Resorts and listen to what they have to offer. They are affiliated with Coast to Coast Resorts and we were wondering if joining is worth the money or not. We've heard some very good things about having a membership and also some very bad things. So, please share any thoughts or experiences you've had, good or bad that might help us be more informed about these type of travel clubs.

Tfor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
I personally don't like being restricted to just certain RV parks. If there is a big cash outlay and yearly maintenance fees I don't feel those type programs are worth it. Thousand Trails is one plus Trend West or World Mark. Sometimes their parks aren't located where you are traveling. Just my opinion, I'm sure many people like this type of program.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Tfor2

M.O.C. #14258
Thanks for your thoughts. Now that I've retired we know we'll be doing more traveling and thought if the discounts are as good as they say it might be something to look more seriously at. Normally we like to just pick up and find those little hidden gem RV parks on our own but just in case this might be something to fall back on for last minute overnights or weekend packages. We'll see what they have to say. Not big on the cash outlay either.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
If they have parks where you want to go and you will give it lots and lots of use then a membership may work for you. If you want to spend time at the park selling the membership you may want to buy from them, otherwise there are cheap memberships elsewhere that will get you into CtoC. If you google it you will find many cheap memberships such as this. https://campground-memberships.com/PurchaseOnline.asp You will notice this features Resort Parks International. They are somewhat of a mirror image of C2C and I prefer them
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I belong to 2 resort memberships with Hundreds of resorts across the US, KM Resorts in Wa state and a Recipricol membership called RPI that allows us to use other Membership only Resorts and for us being fulltimers it is the best money we have spent,all the resorts we have been to going on 8 years now have been quiet ,clean and Safe ,while it is true you do not always find one of your parks where you want and then we will just stay at a public one but %90 of the time they are where we want to go and now that we have the membership paid off all we do is pay 300 bucks a year in dues and our Unliimited stays are free for the rest of our lives ,so I would say if you travel Alot or are a fulltimer I would recommend then ,if not I would Not join one
Old 06-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Opportunity?

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The FIL had a C2C membership for a number of years, was very happy with it, that is, until they had to stop traveling and sold their MH. He kept getting renewal notices, even though he advised them, that due to health reasons, they could not use the membership anymore. He ended up practically giving the membership away. He offered it to us, but we politely declined, as we enjoy just staying where the wind blows us, and not having to plan our travel around where a membership park is located. We have had the push at several parks, trying to get us to join, but we have avoided joining them. We do Good Sam and Escapees, more for the other benefits than park discounts.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
Tfor2

M.O.C. #14258
Thank you all for the good information and things to consider. I knew I'd get some good input here.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
My father got me to buy a KM membership years ago. In WA state. We travel and use it from time to time and hope when I retire we will be able
To use it more. Like others said depends on cost and sometimes you can find them cheaper on the open market. I paid 2K and my dues are locked at $180 a year. So depending on cost a night camping you have to pencil it out. I figure if I stay in my parks for a week it pays for yearly dues. It all depends on what your looking for. One upside is people pay a lot more, so usually you don't get the problem camper. Over all of the price is right it isn't bad. Didn't feel that way when I first bought but now I feel like it is OK. Best of luck. Coast to coast affiliated is another fee and you pay 10 dollars a night. Used to be a buck.
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
We belong to Elks Lodge. They have several lodges that will have an RV Park. They are nothing special but they work out really well to spend the night. They also have inexpensive dinners on certain days of the week.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:06 AM   #11
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
We bought our c2c from a re-seller, the initial fee was $250. The home campground is in Crossville, TN and their annual fee is $39.00 per year guaranteed to NEVER go up. Then there's the $89.00 a year for C2C. We can also quit anytime we want without paying anything.

He sells on ebay too.

If you are interested, I have an e-mail somewhere from him.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Membership organizations just did not work for us and are expensive although you can pick one up dirt cheap from someone who got one then can't use it.
we like to wander around when on the road and sue PA to save a bit of money.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #13
Tfor2

M.O.C. #14258
Well after sitting through the presentation we decided this particular membership was not for us. Thank you all again for your helpful comments. I looked at some of the other membership programs mentioned and think for now we'll just save our money and take our chances. Looking forward to our new adventures in our Montana.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #14
Willy Bee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15919
I have Coast to coast and I used it once in a while. The campground that except c2c are nice clean quite campgrounds but that being said I don't think I have gotten my moneys worth being a member.
Willy Bee is offline   Reply With Quote