Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #21
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Had TrailAir TriGlide pin box moved to the new rig as the bolt patterns were the same. We paid $1,150 for the TriGlide and believe it to be better than equal to Moryde, but only had steel on steel previously. We do notice the more heavier rigs from DRV and THOR come with a TriGlide.

Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #22
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
At this time I am experimenting with a new hitch that is American made and in fact is called the All American Hitch. It's somewhat of a new concept I guess and the unit works on what they call air cells. The air cells sit under the working part of the hitch and you can put up to 5 of these air cells on the unit and each air cell increases the amount of weight and the desired ride. I have little experience with this as of yet but will start my migration south next week and I can report back what I know. This is built by Mobile Outfitters in Elkhart IN. I have put 400 miles on it to this date and can tell you that I got the best ride I have ever gotten so far. By the way I also have a 5th Airborne pin box on a 17,000 lb. unit. It's an impressive looking piece also, and I like American made!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Dave,
What kind of price range would we be looking at?
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #24
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Dave,
What kind of price range would we be looking at?
Bingo
It's right around the $1400.00 range last I had heard. I will let you know more as I get a better test on this thing. So far I am impressed but 400 miles isn't a convincing thing to me. I am heading down south to Gulf Shores AL during the next month. Will know a lot more then.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #25
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
You will love an air hitch. Makes a big difference in the ride of the trailer. One of the things to keep in mind is the PSI rating on the bags and how much air you will need to inflate the bags. If the bags are rated to 100psi, ideally you will want the bags in the 50psi range. The more PSI it takes the less spring you will have. At 75psi it will start to be more like a hard rubber donut and less like a air spring/bag.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Late to respond but I bought the Q24 Curt. Overkill but it's a very nice system. It's made in America, I even spoke twice to the Engineering dept in regard to my new Ford with factory installed fifthwheel provision. The smart guys at Ford made it "incompatible" with all other hitch systems. The Curt people helped with work around so I could use my existing hitch. I know BW is most well respected, but I like Curt and can't believe how helpful they have been! It's really fool proof, I lacking the mechanic gene!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #27
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
bncinwv

We have the AIRSAFE 20K Omni-Directional http://www.airsafehitches.com/20k.html and we like it allot, but at first, we were loosing air pressure. Found out we didn't pull on the air lines to prevent the air leaks to lock it in. We run with 80# of air pressure on the hitch. It has two in line air adjustable air limiter to slow the air from going too fast from one side to the other. We are very happy with this hitch.