Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Newport, Oregon

Hello to the MOC member in site 42 at the Marina RV Park. We stopped by today and knocked, but only made the dogs bark! We're volunteering for U.S. Fish & Wildlife and are right across the street in the Hatfield Science Center Housing Area in the Big Sky. Stop over if you're in the area, or come out to Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area Friday through Monday between 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and say hi.

bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob and Pam,
We're so sorry that we didn't get together while we were up that direction. We had planned to stay in Newport but ended up in Florence and then on up to Tillamook. Just so much going on we weren't able to touch bases with you fine folks. Hope you have enjoyed your summer job. There have been a whole slu of MOCer up your direction and I hope at least some of them have checked in with you. Happy travels, Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bob n pam

Hello to the MOC member in site 42 at the Marina RV Park. We stopped by today and knocked, but only made the dogs bark! We're volunteering for U.S. Fish & Wildlife and are right across the street in the Hatfield Science Center Housing Area in the Big Sky. Stop over if you're in the area, or come out to Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area Friday through Monday between 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and say hi.
Hello Pam,

That would be us. I sent you an email this morning.

We walked over at the Rouge Brew Pub for happy hour, so that must have been when you came by.

See you soon
Grant
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Grant,
I think you already told me but how did things work out with the various troubles you had with your rig earlier this year? The fridge and something else.....? And were you able to do your volunteer work? Where you headed now? Later, Dennis.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #5
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Grant,
I think you already told me but how did things work out with the various troubles you had with your rig earlier this year? The fridge and something else.....? And were you able to do your volunteer work? Where you headed now? Later, Dennis.
Dennis,

You aren't keeping up with the blog.

We had a new cooling unit installed in the refrigerator at the end of June and got a new galley tank the 1st of August.

We were able to work the repairs on the Montana around our volunteer schedule and had a wonderful time at all 3 lighthouses.

Currently, we are in Newport to visit with Bob & Pam.

The big news for us is that we got a call this week and we are going to be volunteers at Kartchner Caverns State Park near Benson, Arizona for at least 3 months this winter. From Lighthouse Host to Cave Host should be awesome.

Grant
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Grant,
Thanks. I forget folks have blogs! I get into a certain routine and I'm stuck! Great to hear you got to keep all your obligations. And hopefully all your "fixes" have taken and are working well. Enjoy that great Oregon weather! Dennis