Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
XCOP

M.O.C. #10569
Fresh water drain valve

This is going to make me sound like an total dunce, but I'm lost. We are in the process of purchasing a 2003 3295Rk from a used rv dealer. He doesn't know the answer either. I cannot find the drain valve for the fresh water tank. I'm not talking about the gray water sewer valve, I mean where you drain and sanitize the fresh water. I have had several other rvs, but never had this problem before. Is it hidden or am I just blind?

XCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
It should be right underneath the fresh tank it self toward the rear.It's a white screw off cap.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
XCOP

M.O.C. #10569
Thank you JJACKFLASH, I saw that, but it did not look like what I was looking for. I knew it was in the right place, but I was looking for a valve, not a screw cap. Now I know. Thanks again.
XCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Gordon-- To sanitize the fresh water tank you need to check this website under the search engine above and key in sanitize. It has the way to sanitize both the freshwater tank and also the water lines.
Do you know if your unit has a water heater bypass valve or not? If it does, you need to shut it off to the water heater and use the pump to pull water through the lines-- hot and cold-- and let it sit in the lines for at least an hour. I usually let it set for half a day or more then flush the lines and tank with fresh water at least twice to clear the clorox water out of them. The water heater also needs flushing but usually not with the clorox water just plain water.
Also, see if your dealer knows where the low point drains are for the waterlines. To tell you the truth, I just found out where mine were last week. These need to be drained also when you both flush the unit and winterize it! I have a 2004 2980RL and the low point drains are on the door side and BEHIND the tires by the axles. There are two and they both have the white cap on them also.
There are plenty of threads on the winterizing and dewinterizing your unit here on MOC. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will have your answer for you. Welcome to the MOC forum!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote