Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
oscarj
Established Member

M.O.C. #8152
Controlling slides independently

Anyone know how to control slides independently? Since they are hydralic can valves be inserted to to do just one?

oscarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I believe you have to have a valve and line for each slide. Our rig does not have this capability and when I queried my dealer about installing the stuff needed to individually work each slide independently, he told me it would cost in the neighborhood of $2,000. That was back in 2002. I'm sure it would cost more now.

I'm pretty sure you could get a setup so that you controlled one slide with one valve and the other two slides with the other valve.

Just a thought.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
On my '06 3500RL in the front storage area, by the slide control pump reservoir, I have 4 round knobs which control each slide independently. They are right by the hydraulic fluid reservoir. If I rotate any knob clockwise until it stops, it closes the valve for that slide. Counterclockwise opens it back up. When the valve is closed the slide will stay in the position it was left in when the valve was closed.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

On my '06 3500RL in the front storage area, by the slide control pump reservoir, I have 4 round knobs which control each slide independently. They are right by the hydraulic fluid reservoir. If I rotate any knob clockwise until it stops, it closes the valve for that slide. Counterclockwise opens it back up. When the valve is closed the slide will stay in the position it was left in when the valve was closed.
I have mine marked so I can remember which valve is for which slide.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:

Ours works the same...the only difference is that ours are located in the front, exterior compartment that also houses the controls for the front landing gear and the rear stabilizers. I have started to turn the knobs to the closed position after opening or closing our slides...the idea is that if someone with a remote operating in the same freq as ours happens to park next to us, we won't be riding our slides in or out as he is setting up his rig.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I added he control valves back in 2002. it is a block that fits on top of the pump. You take two screws out and the new one goes in place and you add the screws back. I also had to add another line to the kitchen slide because the two rear slides are in series and they had to be in parallel. At the time it cost me about $200 for everything and I furnished the labor. I got the parts from the pump manufacturer direct. Montana said it could not be done.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Oscar, Like Art, Tom and Michael have said, they all have the knobs to close off which ever slide they don't want to open. I'm not positive on this, but I think all the newer models have the knobs. I have a 2010 3400RL and mine are in that outside panel where my landing gear and rear stabilizer switches are located, like Michael said he's are on his 06 3400RL. Hope this helps...Joe
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
oscarj
Established Member

M.O.C. #8152
Thanks to all. I have a 2003 3670rl and it has a e and r port on top with two lines going into each one. I have 3 slides....kitchen, dinnette and sofa, and bedroom. I would like the conveince of being to control each slide independently. Will call Lippert tomorrow and get the necessary parts.
oscarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Oscar, let us know what they say please because we have an 03 RK.
Thank you.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

Quote:

Ours works the same...the only difference is that ours are located in the front, exterior compartment that also houses the controls for the front landing gear and the rear stabilizers. I have started to turn the knobs to the closed position after opening or closing our slides...the idea is that if someone with a remote operating in the same freq as ours happens to park next to us, we won't be riding our slides in or out as he is setting up his rig.
Your remote control should time-out after a few minutes. This should prevent any operation even from your remote. (That's the way ours work aleast.)

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I have a 2007, 3000RK and had to add one valve to mine. Since I only have two slides all I needed to do was install one valve for the Bedroom side. Was easy and cost around $100.00
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote