Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Converter and service

I posted this in the general membership, didn't get much response. My Converter is clicking on and off constantly. It has been doing it for a couple of weeks that I know of. I have sent a e-mail to the Iota Engineering that makes the converter, and I'm hoping to get a response soon, its only on warrenty for 3 months. Has anyone had this in thier RV? The second thing I was curious about, I want to have the wheel bearing packed, their is a Camping World in Albuquerque NM. We are about 70 miles from, how much has it cost anyone to have this done? Thanks Randye

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Are you saying the 12 volt output is off and on, or do you merely hear a clicking sound? I can't comment on the wheel bearings. No more than we travel, I'm not into the wheel bearing packing thing. Heck, I would give Camping World a call and get a quote on the wheel bearings. Then call another place or so and compare quotes. Seems LonnieB posted on here one time what he charges. Of course, I've slept since then!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
When I had an issue with my Iota converter I didn't mess with e-mail. Called them direct on the 800 number and got very good technical support. Since I was staying in my unit when I had problems we went through several trouble shooting procedures while on the phone. Hate to think how many e-mails it would have taken to get to the end reult.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
The power is fine have not had any problem with it. Just the converter is making the noise sound as if the fan is coming on and off constantly. I will most likely call Iota on Wensday,thats our day off. Thanks randye
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
rexo
Established Member

M.O.C. #5420
I would check to see if the converter is getting hot. Just put your hand on it. If so Call IOTA fast. Mine shorted out, I cought it just as it was catching fire. IOTA replaced it and it has been working fine since

Rexo
rexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by randye

I posted this in the general membership, didn't get much response. My Converter is clicking on and off constantly. It has been doing it for a couple of weeks that I know of. I have sent a e-mail to the Iota Engineering that makes the converter, and I'm hoping to get a response soon, its only on warrenty for 3 months. Has anyone had this in thier RV? The second thing I was curious about, I want to have the wheel bearing packed, their is a Camping World in Albuquerque NM. We are about 70 miles from, how much has it cost anyone to have this done? Thanks Randye
A rough estimate would be $40 per wheel. I've paid more but it depends on the service center. Camping World will be able to do it, however I'm partial to those people whose specialty is tires, wheels, and servicing wheel bearings. There is a tire dealer in Farwell, TX who, I believe, charges less than my estimate.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote