Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Advantage pressure pro system(Doran) update

Below is an important update from Advantage PressurePro:

We Picked this up over at RV net Forum. Rich..

DISTRIBUTOR INFORMATION: Doran Mfg has been one of the most successful Distributors for PressurePro. We have appreciated their partnership and business. PressurePro and Doran felt there were differences in business direction and it was felt this could not be overcome and Doran would go in another direction. Doran will discontinue distributing PressurePro products over the next few months. Our association with Doran has been rewarding and enjoyable and we have appreciated all they have done to foster the PressurePro name. We will miss our association with Doran and thank them for their business and partnership. So there is no misunderstanding, Advantage PressurePro is the owner of the product, patents and technology. Advantage PressurePro LLC contracts development and production with our partner Lectronix under agreement. Lectronix holds TS/ISO 19649 and ISO 9001 Quality System registrations.

Phil Zaroor, President - Advantage PressurePro

If you purchased your PressurePro system from Doran Mfg, you may contact Advantage PressurePro directly for any warranty issues or you can contact us and we will be glad to assist you in any way we can.

Pat and Mike

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We purchased our Pressure Pro system from Pat and Mike they are top-notch. They are full timers and use what they sell, and stand behind their product. I highly recomend them and I think you will be satified with their products. They have a huge 5er pulled by a monster HDT, its an awesome combo. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
neighborman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #323
Not sure which folks I bought from, as it has been a couple of years. I will say that I really like and recommend the product. After seeing what a blown tire did to my fifth wheel after only about 20 seconds, I'd hate to think of the potential for damage if the blowout went undetected for a longer period of time. It gives great comfort to be able to see the tire pressure on the fly.
neighborman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Rich,I've never heard of this system but it sounds like it's something I might be interested in.I have close to the same setup as you do except a GMC D/A instead.
What other accessories did you need for installation with your 4 wheel package?
We haven't used our 3400 yet and have been thinking about changing out the Mission tires for possibly Michelin Ribs. I think the pressure system would help to put my mind at ease.
Thanks,Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Jack..The pressure pro sensors just screw onto the valve stems..check here for information www.rvcams.com many of us have purchased the system from Tim at RVcams. Changing out the Missions will be a personal choice. We had no problem with our Missions but did change them out at @ 15K miles. The OEM rubber valve stems have a habit of leaking and we would suggest changing them out for a quality metal stem.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #6
neighborman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #323
Jack, The Michelin RIB tire is an excellent choice. I put a set on my 3670RL along with the steel valve stems that Rich spoke of. I've put about 8K on them with no noticeable wear at all. If you go with the Pressure Pro system as you replace the tires, I think it is a good idea to balance the wheels with the pressure sensor in place. I think they weigh about 2/3 of an ounce each. Of course a lot of folks don't bother to balance the trailer wheels, but I think it is a pretty good idea.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Jack..The pressure pro sensors just screw onto the valve stems..check here for information www.rvcams.com many of us have purchased the system from Tim at RVcams. Changing out the Missions will be a personal choice. We had no problem with our Missions but did change them out at @ 15K miles. The OEM rubber valve stems have a habit of leaking and we would suggest changing them out for a quality metal stem.
Thanks Rich for the link and the info.those sensors will differently go on my priority list.
neighborman,Iam glad to hear someone agree to my choice of tires.
I just can't accept those Chinese tires after all I've read about them.It's worth any amount of money to protect the Monty and more important my family.Good idea about the balancing,I would have never thought about that.
When you change to the Ribs,did you stick with the same size and rating?
Thanks again guys.......Jack

Old 01-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
neighborman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #323
Jack, yes I did stay with the same size and rating. Being that my rig is a 2002, they used the 6 lug bolt pattern, and 80# rated wheels. I looked for 110 or 120# rated wheels, but they aren't available in the 6 lug configuration, so I had no choice unless I wanted to change hubs and bearings too. I'm very happy with my choice. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by neighborman

Jack, yes I did stay with the same size and rating. Being that my rig is a 2002, they used the 6 lug bolt pattern, and 80# rated wheels. I looked for 110 or 120# rated wheels, but they aren't available in the 6 lug configuration, so I had no choice unless I wanted to change hubs and bearings too. I'm very happy with my choice. Good luck!
Thanks neighborman!
Jack