Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2006, 04:13 AM   #21
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Yes the factory cord should reach the under the bumper receptacle with no problem. You may want to have a bungee cord in case it is actually too long and wants to drag the ground. Or to keep it from rubbing the paint on the tailgate.

I mounted mine inside the bed, drivers side near the tailgate. If I had to do it again I might move it up higher but in the same area. I have the louvered drop tailgate and I can hook and unhook without lowering it.

And you are not making it hard! You are just trying to do it right the first time. Some of these things are personal preference but it is good to find out why people prefer certain ways of doing it. Helps to understand the pros and cons and what works for you.

Farmer Don [MOC 3628]
Barbara & Fuzzy (the Bichon)
2001 3280RL
2004 Ford F250

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #22
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Thanks for that reply Farmer Don, You hit the nail on the head.
I just want to learn from other people's (possible mistakes) decisions.

Blue

************************************************** ***********************************
"And you are not making it hard! You are just trying to do it right the first time. Some of these things are personal preference but it is good to find out why people prefer certain ways of doing it. Helps to understand the pros and cons and what works for you."

'06 F350 SD King Ranch CC LB 6.0L PSD FX4 4x4
Still shopping for the Monty !

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/WA/Bellingham.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Bellingham, Washington Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/TX/Cypress.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Cypress, Texas Forecast" height=100 width=150[/img]

Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote