Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #21
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Mike, I bet that fellow sure was happy to have you helping him. That sure was great that you could help and show him all the things he needed to know. I bet he was mighty happy for the rest of his trip!

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #22
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Mike, you should be proud. It's meeting people like you that make rving so great. So many people don't understand why we pull these rigs accross the country and back, its clearly the people you meet!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #23
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Great job Mike. After the bad event recently with my new tv it is good to see there are still wonderful people out there. Keep up the good work. gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, huh R V people are the greatest.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:30 AM   #24
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Thanks, everyone, but like I said, it is this forum and the wonderful people on it that gave me the confidence to help him.

HamRad - we'll be back in Bakersfield in the next couple of months. Right now, we're in Gilroy visiting family, then back to Reno for a couple of weeks to work (ugh!) then off again for a couple of weeks to Salem, Or.

Gonfishin,

You helped ME on my first trip, do you remember? We were in Carson Valley Inn RV Park, and one of the great tips you shared with me is the bright green foam on the bedroom slide-out. I have had so many remarks made about these little green foam head helpers, and I fondly think back on how you answered many of my stupid, er, reasonably ignorant questions.

My wife and I are still talking about the fellow in Bakersfield. It turns out that on his first outing, he is planning to travel all the way to Branson, MO and stay there for a few months. I hope we meet up again, just so that we can ease our minds in knowing that he and his wife made it there safely.

Speaking of safety, is it just me, or are there alot more accidents on the road? On Hwy 95 in southern Nevada a week or so ago, we came upn an older fifth wheel that was on its side, ripped open like from a can opener, and all of the personal contents were spilled out along the road. Looks like the guy was going too fast, and over corrected when he had a passenger side 5er blow out.

And, on Hwy 5, in northern California, we came upon an SUV that had been going in excess of 100mph, then lost control and rolled into the center divide. Hmmm...makes me think that 65mph is as fast as I ever want to go!

Thanks, again, everyone for the wonderful feedback, but more importantly, the wonderful knowledge and helping attitudes.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:43 AM   #25
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Michael, if you pass through Central Oregon on your way to Salem, we'd love to meet you. We always take the 395 route to Reno and back, and family lives just south of Salem, so we cross the Cascades quite a bit. Got to agree about the speeds some people drive. We've had some close calls in our travels and seen people lose control and crash too close for comfort. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #26
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
MIKE; A big ATTABOY!!!!! I sure hope you can attend the fall rally in Goshen, I would REALLY like to shake your hand, you're a wonderful example of what a MOC member should be.
Again thanks for being you----DAVE
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #27
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Michael,

What you have just described is exactly what camping (RVing or call it what you will) is all about. On the average, I believe the TRUE campers will do what you did—offer a hand to someone else in the time of need.

Your reward is already waiting for you, but consider this a big tip of the hat for your actions toward helping that couple and living the true spirit of camping!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #28
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Way to go MIKE! Rember, you were met to be there. This forum is what camping is all about-helping each other. Glad you are a fellow MOCer.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #29
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Great job Michael & Kathy! Folks with an attitude like yours make all of us Montana owners look good.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #30
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Way to go Michael & Kathy!! We agee with all of the previous statements. These are the kind of "Adventures" we would all be proud to be a part of and love to hear about!
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #31
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Sunshine,

We are planning to go to Salem in the next few weeks and wondered where you stay to break up the trip in the middle from Salem to Reno. Do you stay in Lakeview?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #32
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
I love this forum..... and everyone here. I am so glad I stumbled on to this place when I was shopping for a new rig. An incredible group that I am proud to be associated with.
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Michael, it is people like you and Kathy who make rv'ing and this forum so terrific. I truly hope we have the pleasure of meeting you two one of these days.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #34
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Ditto!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:08 AM   #35
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Michael,

Great job! I think that's what makes us "campers" good people, or apparently just some of us. In any case I've been doing this since I was just a kid but every once in awhile you just forget things, over the winter etc. and it is hard to ask for help. I'm glad you were there to step in and help them, hope you had two cocktails afterwards!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #36
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Mike,
Nothing to add, but to say that your willingness to help is the exemplification of the principles of this forum. We all share here, but it's another thing in the real world to reach out and "touch someone." I'd like to do the same if the situation arises. Here's a Pina Colada to you!
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #37
emdavis
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4606
montana owners just great. what you did is what I call a hero. I know that you feel good for what you did. the couple you help feel that you were the answer to there prayers, and you were. as far as I am concern you are a hero.
emdavis is offline   Reply With Quote