Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
JCJ757S
Established Member

M.O.C. #26483
New Members 2007 Keystone Montana

Hello everyone,

2nd post in the group sorry I didn't introduce ourselves first. My husband and I bought our first ever 5th wheel on June 17, 2020. We found a deal on a 2007 Keystone Montana M-3500 RL. She is perfect for her age and in immaculate condition. My husband is 37, and I am 35. No kids, no plans for any. We are going to be moving into our Montana from a 2 bedroom apartment. And going to be finding some property to purchase, we would like Florida Panhandle by the Beach. We want to homestead, grow our own crops, find a work from home job as I have been laid off due to Covid-19, and just relax. Life has been stressful, health issues, etc. But we know getting back to nature is what we need and eventually, we will build a house like a tiny house but our Montana should be great for what we are doing. We got her for $8000, good record. The owner wanted her gone fast!

JCJ757S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Welcome to the Forum Jen and Jon! You got one heck of a deal on that unit and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do our unit. We had a 2004 to start with and presently have a 2013 model. We've done some mods to it and enjoy a lot when we get out on the road. You found a great place to find out about your unit here on the Forum so ask any questions you have and you'll get expert answers from the experts here that are actual owners of Montana's. Again welcome aboard and hope to you enjoy your unit.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Welcome to the forum!

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #4
JCJ757S
Established Member

M.O.C. #26483
Thanks Ron and Mary! Its so nice to be able to know that there are people out there that are knowledgeable about these beautiful RV's and we can turn to them for advice and guidance! I was so happy when I found our RV. We had been looking for a while on various sites and I came across ours only 20 miles away from our house. A gentleman bought her at an auction (he is a car dealer) and planned on using it for camping. He is just too busy so he knocked down the price a couple of times. I almost had to fight someone off for her. They kept getting phone call after phone call. I will add some pictures. This might be a silly question and I hope I don't offend anyone. BUT, the graphics have been sun-worn. Is that something that people replace or do some people re-paint the outside of the RV? We have never owned something like this before and are so excited! I am still navigating my way through the forums as well. Thanks for being so kind!
Old 06-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
JCJ757S
Established Member

M.O.C. #26483
Thanks Zach and Donna! Your dogs are so adorable! We can not wait to adopt our furkids and have them join us on this journey!
Old 06-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #6
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Welcome to the MOC all things Montana. You have some great adventures planned. Sounds like you got a great deal on your rig. Enjoy the ride!
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Congratulations, from another 2007 owner, bought new in 2007. You did get a great deal. I think NADA list the value of that for something in the $14,000 - $15,000 range. Enjoy.

I replaced my graphics/decals in the front and rear several years ago. Peeling was a problem in that era of units. I was lucky and Keystone provided new decals free. It is labor intensive to remove the old ones along with the adhesive. But she sure looked good after getting the new decals installed. There are some decal vendors where you can still buy exact replacement decals.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jen and Jon-- I forgot to mention or invite you to join us at this year's MOC Central Plains Regional Rally to be held July 11th -18th up here in Nebraska City at Victorian Acres RV Park. It would be a great way for you to meet some of the MOC members that are from the Central Plains area and also others that join us from other area of the country. It is a small Rally and that's what we like about it. Everyone gets to know everyone and we have a lot of fun just conversing and of course eating. This year will be a little different because of the pandemic but we are still holding it and we plan on doing a few things we normally do also. This is our 11th year holding the CPRR and we really enjoy hosting it. If you need more information let me know and I'll fill you in. You can also go to the Regional Camping Clubs section here on the Forum and click on the Central Region and see where to contact for info and reservations. We'd love to have you join us!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! May your new rig bring you many years of wonderful memories.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#montana #m-3500