Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Pressure Pro Pressure Monitors-Questions

For those of you who have the Pressure Pro Monitors and have said many good things about them I have a couple of specific questions.

1. From what I read the sending unit on the tire stem is sealed, so does this mean that you cannot change the internal battery?

2. With our 5th wheel configurations, has anyone had to have an extra booster or signal repeaters to capture the transmission from the wheels that are furtherest away?

3. Do you also put the sensors on your spare tires?

Thanks for the help. Trying to make a decision about brands to purchase.

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RKassl

For those of you who have the Pressure Pro Monitors and have said many good things about them I have a couple of specific questions.

1. From what I read the sending unit on the tire stem is sealed, so does this mean that you cannot change the internal battery?
It is my understanding yes you have to replace unit.

2. With our 5th wheel configurations, has anyone had to have an extra booster or signal repeaters to capture the transmission from the wheels that are furtherest away?
I did not need a booster, however, I did have the unit high (on the visor) it might be different or at least need the remote antenna if you mount it lower to the floor/console.
I suggest trying it and adding the remote if needed later.

3. Do you also put the sensors on your spare tires?
Yes I monitored my spare tire(s) also. They are the ones you need the most and check the least.

Thanks for the help. Trying to make a decision about brands to purchase.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I believe you can send them back to factory for new batteries, dont think they are field replaceable. Have heard the batteries last for many, many years.
I ended up putting an Echo Repeater in the front closet of the trailer because of intermitant signals. However, I dont have your normal pickup tow vehicle.Works well now. When I did tow with the Cevy one ton p u the signal was good.
Personal choice, I recon. I have no sensor on my spare.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Bob: We are very pleased with the performance of our unit to this point, no problems at all.
#1: We have not had any problems with our sensors to this point but it is my understanding one has to send the sensors back to the factory and pay $25. to receive a new sensor. In order to save the battery life we have removed the sensors when we are not going to be traveling for longer periods of time.
#2: We do not have a booster on our system and with our 3400 model it works fine. Our monitor is mounted with velcro with the top edge being 1" above dash level.
#3: We did order an extra sensor and mounted it on the rv spare tire, works well, now I need to get one extra for the truck spare.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:30 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We didn't put a sensor on the spare tires because the spares are both located in impossible areas (under the rig and under the truck) making it hard to air up if they happen to be low. We carry a portable compressor with us and if we need the spare, we will have to air it up (assuming it is low). We've had to do this on other occasions and it doesn't present a problem. To add the extra sensors is another $50 each. Not worth the extra expense, at least for me.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #6
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
I have yet to buy mine but it is top on my wish list and these are the go to guys/gals(Mike and Pat) on this subject as I know nothing. Steve

http://www.pressureprosystem.com/
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Good Morning MOC friends.....

First let me say thanks to Steve for the kind words. Most of our business comes from "word of mouth" from folks like you.

RKassl...the answers to your questions from John and the rest of the folks here were great answers. I will add that our Sensors are over 5 years old and are not showing any sign of low batteries. We leave our Sensors on 24/7 because we demonstrate the PressurePro to interested parties on a daily basis.

PressurePro has enhanced the signal strength on the newer versions of the PressurePro Monitors and Sensors and they are a lot stronger than they were in the beginning so I am guessing you won't need the booster. Depending on the length and construction of their rig, some folks do need a signal booster.

We have lots of customers that put Sensors on their spare tires. They can monitor their spare and in case something happens to one of their other Sensors, they have a spare to use until they can get the other one replaced. It is really a personal preference.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or visit our Website. There are FAQ's and a copy of the Installation Manual that will answer a lot of your questions. Our phone number is 850-294-0281.

Safe Travels.....Pat
PatMcFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks for posting Pat. We have been trying to order from you for a couple of days now but can't get thru without a Pay Pal account. DH doesn't like pay pal and wants to put it on a credit card. It won't take. We are in an area in the forest and cell is spotty so maybe you can answer here. Thanks

Helen Moll
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

Thanks for posting Pat. We have been trying to order from you for a couple of days now but can't get thru without a Pay Pal account. DH doesn't like pay pal and wants to put it on a credit card. It won't take. We are in an area in the forest and cell is spotty so maybe you can answer here. Thanks

Helen Moll
Good Morning Helen,

You can pay on our website without using PayPal. There is an option for using a credit card. It's at the bottom of the Checkout page. It says:

Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

It can be a little confusing, though. If you can get through to me on the phone, I can take your order with a Visa or MasterCard.

Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks..........Pat

Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Good Morning Helen & Bill,

Your PressurePro order is on the way. Thank you for your business.

Safe Travels,

Pat and Mike
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks for the follow thru Pat. We look forward to meeting you along the way someday.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:42 AM   #12
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Update, we went with the Pressure Pro System. There was just no good history of the one CW sells. First, thanks to Mike and Pat for some great service, with questions and some very prompt shipping. The install of the sensors went very smooth. It was interesting to watch the receiver acquire and lock on to the baseline pressure readings.

Happy Camping........39 days to Retirement!

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RKassl

Update, we went with the Pressure Pro System. There was just no good history of the one CW sells. First, thanks to Mike and Pat for some great service, with questions and some very prompt shipping. The install of the sensors went very smooth. It was interesting to watch the receiver acquire and lock on to the baseline pressure readings.

Happy Camping........39 days to Retirement!
We recently purchased our Pressure Pro System. This system we researched for a little over two years: Will we, won't we, do we need it? Do we need it? No, but it sure will relieve a lot of stress worrying about a tire going bad on the rig. The constant monitoring gives one the peace of mind that makes traveling much more enjoyable. I believe that anyone who lives in their rig full time and travels continually should have some type of monitoring system. And, from my research, I've determined that Pressure Pro is the way to go.

Orv
Old 03-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Hi Bob.........glad to hear the installation went well. I didn't have any doubt you could do it. You will love the peace of mind the PressurePro gives when you are traveling down the road. Congratulations on your retirement and hope you enjoy RV'ing as much as we do. We have been full-timing for over 13 years.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Safe Travels..........Pat and Mike
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #15
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I just went online I ordered the Pressure Pro System. Everyone has only positive things to say about the system. Hopefully, I will be another satisfied customer.

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
You for sure have a Professional System, the Pressure Pro System is Tops in my book. I have owned two systems and want pull the 5th wheel without it. You also dealt with the Professionals, those being Mike and Pat. You will be a satisfied customer. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Hi Lou,

We received your order and payment. Will mail it out tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail. You should have it in 2-3 business days. I will email you a Sales Receipt with ship date and Delivery Confirmation # as soon as I have it ready to mail.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.

Safe Travels,

Pat and Mike
Old 06-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #18
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

You for sure have a Professional System, the Pressure Pro System is Tops in my book. I have owned two systems and want pull the 5th wheel without it. You also dealt with the Professionals, those being Mike and Pat. You will be a satisfied customer. GBY....
Thanks for the kind words Lindy. We appreciate your continued support.

Safe Travels,

Pat & Mike
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PatMcFall

Hi Lou,

We received your order and payment. Will mail it out tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail. You should have it in 2-3 business days. I will email you a Sales Receipt with ship date and Delivery Confirmation # as soon as I have it ready to mail.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.

Safe Travels,

Pat and Mike
Thank you Pat and Mike

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #20
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I love the peace of mind I have while traveling now that I have the Pressure Pro System. It works as advertised!

Orv