Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
Montana_3017

M.O.C. #3017
Direct TV/Satellite Dish hookup

I have a 2005 2955RL Montana. The manuel says nothing about hookups. My connection on the outside says "Cable/Satellite". Does this mean it bypasses the antenna amp and goes direct to the TV. If this is the case, the TV does not have to distingush between cable and satellite. I know I have to put the module between the cable and TV. Owners of older 5th wheels tell me they had to install a separate connector. Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks Grooving Grandpa

Lou & Marilyn
2005 Montana 2955RL
1999 Dual Cab 2500 Dodge Ram
San Jose, Calif.

Montana_3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Hey Grandpa-
Check out this link, I think that it will explain a lot about the wiring for the television system in your Montana. This is the way mine is in a 2005 3295Rk.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/1.../111212066.jpg

Charlie
2001 F-250 Lariat SC 4x2 LB 7.3L PSD
BD Power ECM 80 HP Performance Chip
BD Power X-Monitor LED Digital Gauges
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
2005 3295RK

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
ldunning
Established Member

M.O.C. #5692
I have a 2006 2955RL. If it is the same as mine you just remove the short jumper inside the desk area (under the television) and hook up a coax cable from the bottom connection where the short jumper was removed to the input from the dish on the back of your satellite receiver and then run a coax cable from the "out to TV" on the back of the satellite receiver to the top connector. Then hook the coax from your dish to the cable/satellite connector on the outside of the trailerand it should work. You have already found out that the manual doesn't provide much useful information.

2000 F-250 4wd Hypertech
4" exhaust Gauges K&N
2006 2955rl
ldunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
glenwynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #4324
I hooked a A-B swich that I bought at a ACE hardware, for some reason Radioshack dos'nt sell them any more.

out side cable/sat -| |
| |-TV
Dish box -| |

glenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
glenwynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #4324
sorry I misunderstood your post I though you wanted to use the park cable for local programs and your dish for every thing else like we do
Glen
glenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Grooving Grandpa
On ours there is a splitter that goes to the TV. It seems that each unit is a bit different. We have 3 connections on the back wall. When on Direct TV with the coax hooked up outside, we run a coax from the middle of the 3 connections to the Direct TV receiver in from satellite. Then the out to TV goes to the splitter. You may just have to experiment a little. Then once it works, write it down because you may forget the next time you hook up.
Happy trails.....................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #7
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
We've also got an '05 2955. Our connections are just like ldunning's. The outside coax connector labeled cable/satellite accepts either type of feed. Earlier models only accepted cable. As ldunning indicated there is a short jumper cable inside the cabinet under the TV. Leave the jumper cable in place when you are using the rooftop antenna, and engage the booster button for the antenna in the bedroom closet. When you are using cable TV, again leave the jumper cable in place, but disengage the booster button (the green pilot light will go off). Finally when you are using a satellite dish, disengage the booster button and remove the short jumper cable. Some owners have discovered that the wiring is not consistent, but one of the connections to which the jumper was attached should be connected to the "satellite in" connection on your satellite receiver; the other should be connected to the "out to TV," or "RF out" on the receiver. That will provide a signal to both televisions. If you wish to pull the TV from the living room cabinet (it's screwed into place with wood screws through its plastic chassis), you can run an s-video connection between the satellite receiver and the TV. It's difficult job, but worthwhile if you get around to replacing the Qwest system with a better receiver and DVD player. Might as well replace the speakers while you're at it...

Bill and Mariana McCamy
'05 F-250 Lariat 6L PSD
'05 2955RL
Woodland, CA
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
As promised here's my CATV, Sat, RF hookup...

This hookup allows selecting CATV if cable is available, or "powering" your SAT Dish via the same coach connection. Internally you can select via second switchbox either of these two feeds or VCR/DVD player. Lastly, the existing TV antenna with power amp can be used.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote