Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
Sat Tv In Bed room

How do I get Sat tv in the Bed Room, I have a 2007 3400RL, I have Sat in the Living Room

Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Dont,

Assuming you removed the jumper, use this diagram. I believe you come back out of your receiver and go into the other jack where you removed your jumper to get signal to your bedroom. If you are using coax to feed your living room TV, you'll have to split it with a splitter. If you use s-video or other video to your living room TV, you should have an open coax output on your satellite reciever.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/1.../111212066.jpg

PS - turn off the booster in the bedroom.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:53 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
If you want to add a second receiver to enable you to watch a diff. prog. than the L.R. you can add an outlet in your propane tank area and run a cable up to the bedroom via the back of the dresser. Then just connect a separate cable from your dish to the second outlet.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Another way to run a wire for a second receiver is through the hole in the floor where the hydraulic hoses enter the coach from under the bed slide. I ran another wire from under the bed into the front closet, across the back of the closet on the floor and up to the shelf where there is a 110v plug and can connect to the TV. Now all I have to do after setting up the dish is attach this wire to the dish and the second receiver is ready to use.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bill
Is there a chance fumes might enter this way? We just run ours through the window right now but are looking for a more permanent solution.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
We have a 2006 3500rl. We use dish. I drilled a hole up in the cabinet over the desk from the outside, yes it is high and I have to use a ladder to hook it up. Then drilled another from inside the cabinet to the tv area.

We have two receivers,one in the L.R. and one in the bedroom.
Connect the sat dish coax to the L.R. receiver and hook the tv up as one unit. Then run a cable from the surround sound antenna coax lead to a splitter, and run coax from the splitter to the top hook up that says cable/tv an the other to the one below which is a jumper. Your booster does not matter this way. Thats how we did our and it works fine, we both watch what we want at the same time.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
Like Brad said. I may not be remembering this correctly, but on mine, I removed the jumper from the wall inlet connections; connected the SAT/Cable in (lower outlet on the wall connection) to the SAT IN at the SAT receiver; then went from the TV outlet on the SAT receiver to the upper outlet on the wall connection. I then turned off the antennae switch in the bedroom. With this set-up, the SAT signal comes in, goes thru the SAT receiver, goes to the bedroom TV, then comes back to the living room TV. With one SAT receiver, you see the same program on both TV's. But at least, you can get it to the bedroom.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:18 AM   #8
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Hi mtnhntr I try what you said but didn't work I have splitter that I have to hook up one line go to dvd and the other to tv in living room,and other help
Old 11-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #9
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
Dont, The splitter could be a problem as I do not think you can split a satellite signal. It has to be run directly.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ken
We have our satellite signal split in our stick house. We have 4 TV's and 2 receivers. Each receiver feeds 2 TV's. I just used regular splitters and we get good reception on all TV's. Of course we can only watch 2 different programs but then there is only the two of us so that should be enough! We have DirecTV but don't think that matters.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You can split the signal as much as you want on the output side of the reciever - with some compromise to signal each time you split it. However, you can't split the line between the dish and the reciever with a regular splitter or no worky. That requires a switcher.

Brad
Old 11-16-2006, 03:30 AM   #12
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Sue and Ed: After running the cable from the propane area to the bedroom I caulked all the holes around the cable so no leak is possible.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:22 AM   #13
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Thank every one for your help,finally got Sat in Bed room,had to add a seconf splitter coming out of receiver ,one line going to the inlet of the first splitter and the other going to the top inlet on the wall.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Don't,

Glad you got it working! You also might want to eventually replace the splitters with a 3-way splitter. Each time you go into a splitter and back out, you loose a portion of the signal. The way you have it now you do that twice before you get the the bedroom. There are splitters that have one inlet and up to four outlets that would work better.

At least now you know which cable sends signal to the bedroom .

Brad