Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
akawolf

M.O.C. #25369
2020 Montana 3791 KEY TV issues

We have a brand new 2020 Montana 3791 and we are trying to scan for over the AIR channels and it is not picking up anything. When i call Jensen they say did you turn the booster on - well there isn't any switch to turn on. The one connection that is in where the main control (Water flush and so on) are at the blue light is on. The TV is set to TV for source and the AIR is set and when i try to scan for channels nothing is picked up. I'm at the same campground where we have been in the past with our 2018 Cougar that we traded in for this Montana but no such luck. Anyone experienced this and if so how was it fixed??

Thanks to everyone in advance.

akawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 AM   #2
Rick n Kelly
Established Member

M.O.C. #24855
Quote:
Originally Posted by akawolf View Post
We have a brand new 2020 Montana 3791 and we are trying to scan for over the AIR channels and it is not picking up anything. When i call Jensen they say did you turn the booster on - well there isn't any switch to turn on. The one connection that is in where the main control (Water flush and so on) are at the blue light is on. The TV is set to TV for source and the AIR is set and when i try to scan for channels nothing is picked up. I'm at the same campground where we have been in the past with our 2018 Cougar that we traded in for this Montana but no such luck. Anyone experienced this and if so how was it fixed??

Thanks to everyone in advance.
We have 2020 3791 just checked AIR channel work fine picked up 18 channels. Good Luck
Rick n Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
AkaWolf,
Make sure your coax cable is attached to the back of TV (mine was not). Also, in the TV menu, choose AIR as the source, then Scan the channels. If you get nothing, I'd check to make sure the coax connections are attached in the convenience center behind where the Key TV panel is located. Also, make sure nothing is attached in the convenience center to the outside. As I understand it, if you put any source on the external ports to the key TV, the digital antenna is bypassed. I had cable hooked up at a campground but DW wanted to watch a local news channel. Finally figured out I had to unhook the coax for campground cable to get the local over the air channel.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:54 AM   #4
Lanny1763

M.O.C. #25556
There's been a few threads on this KeyTV. Some causes have been the inferior coax, some have been needing to replace the KeyTV module in the wet bay. My problem with my setup is the placement of the Furrion antenna. It right beside my forward air conditioner. So it has a line of sight issue because the AC shroud is in the way. I purchased another over-the-air antenna which has a range of 45 miles (our local antennas are approx 35 miles away). I place it with a clear line of sight and picked up all 25 of our locals, whereas the rooftop Furrion only picks up 4. The coax from the new antenna is going thru the KeyTV module and supplying the signal to all TV locations, so the interior coax is OK.
The rooftop worked fine when we did the walkthru, but that was because our dealer was in the metro area close to the towers.
I hope you find the cause of your issues.