Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2023, 09:17 AM   #1
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Adjusting hydraulic slide

Is there a procedure or write up about adjustments on a hydraulic slide. My dining room slide seems to be out of adjustment. It opens and closes well but when closed the front of the slide seems to stop first at the top and causes the slide to lift up and the floor is about an inch or so higher then the rear of the slide. After being closed the rubber gasket that runs from top to bottom and is compressed is now open at the bottom about 1/2" and tight at the top. The rear gasket is tight top to bottom. Also is there a way to stop the front bedroom slide from moving while operating the rear slide? I would like to operate the slides independently rather then being in sequence, bedroom first then dining room next opening and then same sequence closing.

Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 10:56 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
As I recall, it is normal for that slide to ride up when closed. It then drops down level when open. I can't help with how to adjust the slide so all surfaces are closed equally. I would be interested in a solution as I have a similar problem.

A 2005 2955 has one continuous hydraulic system. The slide open in the order of lightest to heaviest. I remember one member who added a hydraulic manifold with shutoff valves to the system so they could control te slides individually. Now a days that is a standard feature on Montanas.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote