Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
Montana_3302

M.O.C. #3302
New to the RV world

Hi All
My husband and I just bought or first RV Its a 26ft montana year 2000. We plan on spending time in southern arizona during the winter months. I know its not as big as some of yours, but we are just starting to get into the RV world and wanted to make sure this is what we wanted to do. I look forward to all the talk and if any of you would like to offer some advice for us new comers it would be greatle appreciated.
Thanks
Glenda

Montana_3302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:50 AM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Rick & Glenda, Welcome to the RV world and especially the MOC forum. Always good to see new members joining us here. You made a great decision with purchasing your Montana. However we must warn you, this RVing and this forum can be addicting. There is so much to learn here on this forum. It is a great place to start your new adventures. Just jump right in and ask any questions you may have. Many here have "been there, done that" and are willing to share and give you a helping hand through this little screen in front of you. Please share your adventures with us. We are all still learning and hopefully will never stop, so any and all sharing and asking is great! Enjoy your new unit and the MOC.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hello Glenda,

Welcome to the MOC Forum. Very glad you've come along for the ride. Lots of great help here for the new RV'er as well as for the ancient ones. Never too long in the tooth to learn something new.

Congratulations on your new Montana and many happy trails. Your going to love AZ our home State for the past 29 yrs.
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Welcome, Glenda! We are quite familiar with Independence ... all of our kids live in the KC area and we home base at Campus RV Park for June, November and December.

You'll find a great group of people here ... lots of information and lots of fun, too. Don't be shy about jumping in any time.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Glenda and Rick! I'm Vickir's "other half". This is a great forum for learning and for asking questions. You'll find there is no such thing as a "dumb" question here, so ask away. As you get a chance to peruse the forum you'll find lots and lots of information. Don't ever hesitate to ask your questions, though. Good luck, sounds like you have a wonderful time ahead of you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome to the forum and to a new adventure. RVing is very addictive as is this forum. You've made the right choice....a Montana!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome Rick & Glenda Great choice on the Montana. Ust came thru a corner of your state this morning, on the way home from Tx. A great forum here. Have met several of the group a great group of people here. We had the first MOC. meeting in S Tx in Feb. Had a great time. Just take your time hooking & unhooking you will get the hang of it fast. Any questions just ask. The only dumb questios is the one you fail to ask. So feel free to ask anything.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #8
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Rick and Glenda,
It doesn't matter how big your rig is, it's about loving what you do with it. Enjoy and happy camping.
Wendell
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:57 AM   #9
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Welcome on board! You'll find this group helpful to the max! And never apologize for having a small RV--if does what YOU want it to do, then it's big enough! Our first RV was a 1974 VW Campmobile of the most hideous color imaginable. But we loved it and it did what we wanted it to do at the time. So--ENJOY! And if you are absolutely brand new at RVing this is a great place to start. You might want to do what a lot of us have done with a new Monty--make your first night's camp right there in your driveway. Then you can just pop back into the stick-built for whatever it is you've forgotten--because we ALL forgot something.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:45 AM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the RV world and especially to the zany Montana Land. Hey, We don't measure by size, we measure by need and want. If you are in the discovery stage, you are right on target with a Montana whatever the size.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #11
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
You have arrived at the right place folks. The knowledge to be gained from this forum is so valuable! Enjoy your stay here, we look forward to your future posts.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #12
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
As some of the others have said this is a good place to learn. So do not feel any question cannot be asked. Having a preowned unit there are likely to be repairs needed. Ask about any problem and there is a wealth of knowledge and experiance to help.
Welcome to Rving and the MOC.
Have a great time.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The RV world is wonderful and there is a lot to learn. We are on our 3rd and quite a few years. We all started somewhere. The first time we were out we had no idea how to hook up sewer. Our tech walkthru had been rushed because I was on the way to the hospital for surgery (had to get the RV first you know). When we got to the campground on our first outing there was a nice elderly gentleman across the way (he was probably as old as we are now but he was elderly then). He came over and showed us how, told us what more we needed to buy (there was a CW down the road) and when we came back from store, he came over and finished the lesson. We try to pay back whenever we can.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #14
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Welcome to this forum, but most importantly, welcome to the world of camping. As Steve said to me last month when I joined the forum and mentioned that I had bought a new F-250 and was planning to buy a Montana, he thought I had made good decisions on both fronts. Let me paraphrase his comments to say that I believe you have made a good choice to give camping/RVing a try. I know of very few things in my life—other than my family—that have brought me as much enjoyment as my time camping.

I have spent my entire life camping—my parents took me on my first trip in the back of a station wagon when I was three months old—and it has worked its way deeply into my bones while camping in one of the first hi-los and three Holiday Ramblers with my parents and then with my wife and son a Coleman pop-up and a 28' Prowler TT, and hopefully, as of tomorrow, a Montana 3295RK. Though I have never fulltimed, I have traveled through the west and into eastern Canada and spent my summers in the mountains of North Carolina as my parents volunteered at a National Forest campground. What I want to say through all of this is that it has never become old. I have met so many good people, some of whom have now passed, and have had so many good times that each year and each trip is a new adventure. There are SO many good memories and stories…

Bottom line…have fun in your unit and meet new people! It is a great lifestyle!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:41 AM   #15
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Welcome to Montana Land:

While we are not new to RV'ing-there are always, always questions..so as everyone has said - ask away.

We will also be in Arizona for first Winter away from familiarity - you didn't say what part - but will maybe see you on the road - or at a park - we are from Central Oregon and will be in Apache Junction and Tuscon area from November to end of March -

Mike & Evy Orlob
3295-2004 Montana
2004-Dodge Ram
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #16
Montana_3338

M.O.C. #3338
Welcome! We wish you many happy hours with your Monty!

Montana_3338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #17
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your choice of 5th wheel. We are not new to RV'ing, but new to 5th wheels and Montanas. Ours is also a previously enjoyed unit and we have only had it since September. Just completed our first long trip and the Montana was wonderful. You will learn a lot from the forum, and as others have said, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #18
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
We have been camping/rving since 1974 and are still learning. Every day is a new experience and opportunity to learn something new. Happy trails.
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:10 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rick and Glenda, we will be at Campus RV Park in Independence for the month of June. We'd love to get together with you folks while we're there. Remind me, though, as my memory is rather fleeting...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #20
Montana_3302

M.O.C. #3302
thanks
so much for all your replys to our new member post. We are so excited to meet you all and to become a fellow RVER. We have picked up our montana and had a few problems with the place that put on our trailer brake. They messed up our horn and cross threaded the battery terminal. So needless to say we wont be going back there. They say they will pay for it but we have to prove that they did it. well geez I guess we should of video taped them working on the truck. But after all that we are still excited to take our first trip in it and meet even more fellow RVers. And steve we look so forward to you and vicki being in town in june and being able to meet you all in person or as computer lingo its IRL (in real Life) Well you all take care and I hope you all are enjoying the spring weather wherever you maybe. Its beautiful here in Independence, Mo. today
happy trails
Rick and Glenda
Montana_3302 is offline   Reply With Quote