Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 04:19 AM   #41
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Monty, ours is the same year and model as yours. We have a sticker by the entry door that says "4 season living". I was told by the salesman (take that for what it's worth) that the front AC unit is normally 13.5K but our was upgraded to 15K. It is 15K, I have confirmed with Keystone and Dometic based on the serial number. I am just not sure if it was an upgrade or standard.

RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:31 AM   #42
montyfishing
Established Member

M.O.C. #27975
Lost Cause

I called Keystone again today and they confirmed I should have a heatpump on one of the units. They said since it is out of warranty they will not cover it. I keep the trailer on a seasonal site with out a way to move it, so I can not take it back to the dealer to see if they would submit the claim to Keystone, I think this is a lost cause now. Thanks for the input.

I just dont understand how something was paid for and not installed as it should be and Keystone says tough luck!

Monty
2019 Montana 3791RD
20th Anniversary Edition
montyfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #43
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I would call Dometic directly. If you don't have the serial number, you can get it off the unit or from your build sheet if you have it. Keystone should be able to give you that too. Dometic may work with you on it.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:09 AM   #44
montyfishing
Established Member

M.O.C. #27975
Dometic

I called Dometic and they actually called me back, the woman I spoke with was very pleasant. She told me since they only provide the units to Keystone they do not control what gets installed. So I am back to square one, since I am not the original owner and this is a 2019 unit I highly doubt the CW will do anything to fix it. I will live with it since we do not currently camp during the winter.

Monty
2019 3791RL 20th Anniversary Edition (No heat pump)
montyfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:23 AM   #45
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
If you can get the serial number you should be able to find out. My rear unit serial ends with HP. Same rig, 2019 3791RD.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #46
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyfishing View Post
I called Dometic and they actually called me back, the woman I spoke with was very pleasant. She told me since they only provide the units to Keystone they do not control what gets installed. So I am back to square one, since I am not the original owner and this is a 2019 unit I highly doubt the CW will do anything to fix it. I will live with it since we do not currently camp during the winter.

2019 3791RL 20th Anniversary Edition (No heat pump)
Monty, Dometic should be able to confirm if your A/C unit is a heat pump unit or not. If not, than your only option is to either buy one and install it, or use some small ceramic electric space heaters. The space heaters are typically 5K BTU. I have two and they really do a good job of heating the bedroom and main living area. Much cheaper than a new A/C with heat pump. Since you bought used, like I did, you are correct, in that Keystone or your dealer are not obligated to replace your current unit for one with a HP. That was something the original owner should have taken care of, or they didn't care about the HP. It could have been a mistake at the factory, who knows, but it appears you do not have one.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote