Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2005, 03:27 AM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
F350 -- Annoying Beep

Over the last few days we have been plagued with an annoying electronic beep in our F350. It goes off exactly every 60 seconds when it is occuring--we have timed it on the clock. Think that it may be somehow connected to the weather and mileage display unit. Perhaps the temp or ice indicator? Dealer needs to check settings but does not yet have the card to do this. Anyone else ever experience this? Your solution and fix? Thanks! We'll keep you posted once they have solved this one for us.

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Because yours is every 60 seconds I don't think this is it but I'll mention it anyhow. Ours has the backup monitor that starts beeping when something is within 6 feet of the rear bumper. As I get closer the beeping frequency increases. At ten inches it is a solid tone. Do you happen to have the backup monitor and could one of the sensors be dirty?

I checked dieselmann's bulletins page but didn't find anything about a beep. When ours was new I had a beep just two or three times, one beep each time, and on different days. It also was only when I did a sharp left turn. I mentioned this to the Ford dealer, who had not heard anything about a problem like this but flashed the computer with the latest updates anyhow. We've put probably 5,000 miles on the truck since then and I've not heard this beep since. If you're still in warranty you might ask the dealer to put the latest updates in your computer and see if that stops it.

We also have the outside temperature and climate control display and the trip computer and don't have that beep.

Sorry not much help but maybe a computer update would take care of it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
Coro from Maryland
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #455
The backup sensor should not be able to be engaged unless you are in reverse, so that is probably not the cause. Since it happens every 60 sec, I would first suspect the clock (radio) as you probably did. You might try pulling the radio fuse and see if it matters.
Coro from Maryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks for the suggestions. Steve--no back-up monitor so that is out. Coro-will try the radio fuse--might be it. Meanwhile, waiting for the dealer to get in whatever is needed to do the computer update for the climate/temp/trip display. Still under warranty and thus far dealer has been great with service so guess we'll solve it--just a matter of time. Will keep you posted. Meanwhile, still beeping.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:56 AM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Still beeping! Dealer finally received card that would do the trouble shooting--and had the time to fit us in for service. Got in as scheduled, left truck and an hour later had a call that their computer was malfunctioning. AAAARRRRRGGGHHH! They will be borrowing a computer from another dealer in nearby town--but not today so still no solution. We have a strange ringing in our ears....thank goodness we don't need to be on the road and there is another vehicle available to us while we wait for the solution! Will keep you posted.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
As promised, the follow up on the annoying beep which has finally been eradicated! Picked the truck up this AM and the dealer had taken care of the problem which was in the weather, MPG, direction indicator. The fix required the dealer to reprogram the entire module. No more beep every 60 seconds. Trust that this is the permanent solution. Happy to have a quiet truck again.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:43 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill and Pat, we have that same module and, if you recall, we early on had a couple of times where it beeped on a sharp left turn. Just two or three times. But the dealer put in what he said were the latest updates and that eliminated the problem. Now I wonder if reprogramming that module was part of what he did. Mine almost sounded like the low fuel warning beep. Haven't had the problem since the dealer did the fix over 10,000 miles ago.

Thanks for the update. Glad it's fixed. An annoying noise like that can be exasperating.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
I am glad to hear about the possible problems and potential fix for beeping. So far, we have not had such a problem. Glad to see that Bill and Pat got that noise fixed.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote