Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2004, 03:25 PM   #1
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
3650 RK

I browse these fourms, and dont see too many people with the 3650 RK, is that a bad model, do people know something I didnt when I bought it?
Just curious, I love mine. Anyone have any serious problems with theres, or neet improvements?
Just curious, thats all.

Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Kozzy45 -

I am not familiar with all of the floor plans, so I looked it up on Montana's site. Looks like a very nice layout. Nice for entertaining because you can close off the bedroom from the bathroom for company. They all use the same components and they all go down the same assembly process, so I don't anticipate any different issues than the rest of us. The important thing is that it fits your needs. As for improvements, many of the general improvements that I saw at the rally last year would be applicable. Outlets in the basement, pegboard to hang stuff in the basement, depending on year, the velcroed downspouts, etc. I can hardly wait until April 1 to get back to my Montana (hibernating right now). Got some new cordless power tools to start making some of those modifications.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:27 AM   #3
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
Kozzy45,
We also have the 3650RK, haven't had any major problems with it. Spent all last May thru Oct. in it. We only needed one decal replaced on bedroom slider and have a new back window waiting for Spring installation. This is our second Montana, we our fortunate to have an excellent dealer for our service work. We are planning on heading south after this coming summer to full time, I am retired and Sue will be retiring this coming Fall. Got to get out of these New York Winters!

Charlie and Sue
Montana_2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 03:56 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ed, the 3650RK is a beautiful model and actually seems to be very popular. The 3650RK was a new model this past year so you naturally won't see as many of them. Yet.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:01 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We have friends with the 3650. The only complaint they have is the lack of cupboard space in the kitchen and reminding themselves that there is a step down into the kitchen and a step up into the living area.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:19 AM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
One thing to watch for when choosing layouts is how they work with the slides in. If you ever intend to stop for lunch at a rest stop, or overnight in a truck stop or Wal-mart, it can be important that you can use various parts of the trailer when the slides are in. We went with a 3670RL partly because it is fully usable with the slides in. I think you will find that this is not possible with 3650RK. If this is not important to you, then the 3650RK is a great layout.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:11 AM   #7
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
I'm with Ontmont on the slide issue. I was in a 3650 at our dealer last week and with the slides closed you couldn't get to the kitchen so it would be difficult to use on a layover. Also the new model has the washer/dryer closet under the TV in the bedroom. I would be concerned about spilling bleach/laundry detergent etc on the carpet. Also the additional weight (if you have a washer/dryer) right at the front of the trailer may be a consideration on pin weight for some peoples truck.

Having said all that I think the floorplan is beautiful when it's opened up and I know my wife would love the counter space in the kitchen.

Different layouts work for different people and some advice I've been given in past posts is pick the one that suits you. Makes sense to me. There really are no bad layouts in the Montana line.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:46 AM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
"Chester's" response is right on target. I wish only to add that being able to completely access the kitchen, dining, refrigerator, and toilet with the SLIDES IN was a very important consideration to us. In our 2955RL we could even spend the night without extended the slides (though we have never done so). On the other hand, on almost every trip we stop for meals and "rest room" with no problem at all. Shirley has cooked breakfast several times "beside the road" at one favorite spot in Colorado (with both sliedes in).
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #9
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
My wife fell in love with this floor plan, we weren't even looking to buy, but eneded up buying it. We are youngr, late 20's, so we entertain a lot while on the road. I do have to agree that while going long distances, the slide issue does get in the way a bit, but I added the hydraulic controls in the front, so I can put out just one slide, if I want to, and that is not so bad. As mine is hibernatting as well, I can wait to get it out in April nd add some things. First, is to replace the crappy DVD system that came with it. I have the Sony DAVB150 in a box, waiting to go in. Did they happen to put a higher quality unit in the 05 models?

Looking forward to the Northeast rally in NY, hopefully will meet some of the nice folks from here there.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:42 AM   #10
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
You said it all John. (OntMont). When travelling like we do, the accessibility to the insides of the unit is the main thing for us. We can park overnight and still have everything available.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote