Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

BTW If a new camper came in with a outside entertainment system that I did not order I would take it as long as we did not have to pay extra for it and that is usually the way it works.
That's the way it was for us - we did not, and would not have paid for it. I think they were confused when I told them I would not have ordered it that way. We will never use it, and will just take the TV out before someone decides to steal it. The compartment won't hold anything, so basically it will just be another hole in side for a potential water leak...

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jay Bird

Glad to hear CW is making things right by you. Just sorry about the additional wait.
Thanks Jay Bird - hopefully we'll have it by June now, at least in time for summer.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Well, the new trailer is in! They have installed our ugrades, but on their PDI the Level-Up didn't work so they have a new module on order - ahhh, more waiting!! Seems strange that made it out of the factory without being caught.

Then we need to do the walkthrough and re-do all the paperwork. We're still hoping to make an outing to Crooked River Ranch in Oregon by mid June - fingers crossed. I still can't believe we ordered our first trailer in November! Over SIX months ago and still waiting - what is that about patience being a virtue???

The case on the stolen trailer is officially closed at this point.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad to hear you're close. Hope your in the new rig and making great memories soon!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #25
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Dick, appreciate it!

Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #26
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Good luck on the trailer. As you said patience is a virtue...........but, enough is enough already..........you've been more than patient. But you are now close to having the fun you have been anticipating.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #27
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
Glad to hear that you are getting closer to enjoying your new Montana. Welcome in June to our part of Oregon. Hope you enjoy Crooked River Ranch. The welcome mat is out!
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #28
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Don't give up on 7 Feathers. A great place for a shakedown trip and there will be a bunch of Montana owners there to help.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #29
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Dave, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Thanks Ron and Cathie! We really hope we make it out your way. Kris has a letterboxing gathering there, and I hope to try to “relax” and test out all the systems on the new trailer (again)and get use to everything.

Excellent point Carl. It would be a great place to do the shakedown. We were really hoping for Seven Feathers to work out. If the PDI goes really well, we still may have a chance – maybe at least the latter part??
Old 06-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #30
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Well, like Rich, I have to say I'm not real happy with Montana right about now either. Our second trailer was re-ordered toward the end of March. It actually did finally make it to the dealer but we still haven't been able to take delivery. The Level-Up isn't working, and they can't seem to get the circuit board for it. Just got off the phone with the delaer. They were told they would have it Monday, then Wednesday, now they're saying next week. So, over two months (even without the paint of the Big Sky), and the first trailer took over two months as well. We missed our first scheduled outing in May. Now we'll miss Seven Feathers for sure, and likely to miss our third outing which was supposed to be Crooked River Ranch We were really hoping since they let our first one get stolen for crying out loud, that they would be bending over backwards to get us going?? Thanks for letting me vent...

Old 06-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #31
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
Got ours from Burlington in February and having warranty work done in Portland Or Camping World. Started the process in April with very minor adjustments and fixes, none done correctly first time, still waiting for trim and cabinet hinge, not in yet from Keystone, update another 2 weeks for parts. Maybe we'll get 1st trip by 4th of July. Kinda disgusted with whole thing and regretting trying a Keystone product at this point...Not that fun with a new rv sitting in the driveway for this long without any camping yet! In my opinion, they were great 5 or so years ago and now they are using Montana's rating to sell, service seems to have deteriorated.
JnSWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Sorry for your bad luck too Jim. Hopefully they'll take care of you soon. Just curious are you using the CW in Wood Village or Wilsonville?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #33
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
Wood Village...Wonder how service department is in Wilsonville?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #34
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JnSWells

Got ours from Burlington in February and having warranty work done in Portland Or Camping World. Started the process in April with very minor adjustments and fixes, none done correctly first time, still waiting for trim and cabinet hinge, not in yet from Keystone, update another 2 weeks for parts. Maybe we'll get 1st trip by 4th of July. Kinda disgusted with whole thing and regretting trying a Keystone product at this point...Not that fun with a new rv sitting in the driveway for this long without any camping yet! In my opinion, they were great 5 or so years ago and now they are using Montana's rating to sell, service seems to have deteriorated.
  • Warranty work not being done correctly is a dealer issue not a Keystone failure.
  • Trim and a cabinet hinge are easily obtained parts. Are you sure the dealer ordered the pieces? You can call Team Montana and see if they are aware of the order.
  • Deteriorating service is a dealer issue not Keystone failure.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to complain about with Keystone/Montana. But selecting a dealer who will be you advocate and provide good service is on you. Some of us pick a dealer based on their service reputation not the lowest cost on the RV. And Camping World dealers tend to *NOT* have the best service reputation.

If all you are missing is a cabinet hinge and a piece of trim, doesn't seem like it would prevent the use of the RV. Those sure aren't essential components that preclude use.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #35
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
We have been in contact with Keystone about the parts ordered since April. In talking with service departments prior to purchase seemed all would be well. I guess we were expecting a little better, as for Camping World, we are using Olinger RV which has been there many years prior to joining Camping World and did have a pretty good review. And no these don't prevent use, but for us we go to the coast for the summer, going back and forth is costly. Every couple days we are told the parts will be a little longer, even from Keystone. These issues are minor, seems they would take less than a couple months..and I would think Keystone should have a say in how their warranty service is handled and would like to keep a good reputation..
Old 06-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #36
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Well, one in the win column for us!! Believe it or not, we have to do all the financing over for this darn trailer. They were supposed to be able to just do a collateral exchange - new trailer for old trailer and call it good. Apparently the current credit union is making it difficult so they said fine, we'll just pay you off and start over. So, bad news is we have to do all the financing paperwork AGAIN... but good news is, they saved us two points on the loan rate. We were going to try to refinance it down the road anyway, so it all worked out (for once!).

We still are waiting for the part to come in, and then we can finally go up and sign the new paperwork. Getting closer - I think...

Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #37
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Is the trim and hinges something you could install yourself??? Not sure I would put off a trip for that IF your dealer is willing to mail pieces to you, if possible, (I have actually paid for postage while on the road just to keep on trucking). I realize they should pay for all of this, but sometimes the thrill of camping outweighs some of the minor charges for maintenance. However, hopefully these items will be taken care of prior to your departure date. Good luck with your repairs. Please don't be too hard on Keystone, as said, some of these problems are the dealers inability to do as promised...I do believe that the QC on new equipment is a little shoddy at times and THAT is Keystones fault. Don't get me wrong, I do believe we should NOT let Keystone off the hook. Perhaps a certifed letter to management might help, but one must weigh the advantages of camping over problems with service. This, of course, is my opinion only, but shared by others on this forum.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #38
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Well said, Phil.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #39
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
Thanks for the suggestion, we were told parts could not be sent directly to us by Camping World. Called today and parts still out a week or so. We also don't travel much with the RV, take it to the coast and stay. I am sure when all is taken care of we will be very happy with our Montana. We also appreciate all info and answers from this forum.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #40
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
I'm sure I'm sticking my neck out here and it will get "stomped on," but from what I've read, and from personal experiences, I'm not too impressed with Camping World, for either service (although I've never gone there for any) nor for sales pricing. I've been able to find MUCH better deals at the local dealership, or just at any plain outlet store, such as Bi-Mart, etc. And, in 5 years of buying and owning Keystone products (one Cougar and two Montana 3400's) bought from Curtis Trailers (in Hillsboro) I have been extremely pleased with both the sales and service departments. Of course, one can always meet up with a bad person, but I've gotten to know the sales people, the parts people, and the service people, and they are outstanding. Several times they have bent over backwards to help us out. I realize this may sound like a sales pitch.....it is NOT. But, in this day and age, when a place gives us good results, I like to let people know about it.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote