Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
DirecTV Receiver in 2955RL

We are taking Bella to CW in Tampa after some warranty work to have a "tracking" satellite dish installed. We will be using DirecTV. Question we have for any of you with a 2955RL is where did/do you have your receiver located? On the anniversary edition the "slot" for the DVD players is just tall enough to accommodate the DVD player and nothing else. And there is no room above the t.v. to place it either. Any thoughts or "fixes" out there?

Thanks in advance!

Robin

eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
We have a 2007 model 2955, we put our receiver below the TV, DVD in the space where a computer would go. I use a laptop, so don't use that space. We do not have the fireplace, which may be in that same general area if you have one. If you never plan on using the suround sound, you can remove the subwoofer above the TV, or consider moving it somewhere else and then use the space above the TV for the receive. Just some things to consider.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Farmhawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9080
I have a 2008 2955RL and removed the slide out tray in the computer cabinet, I also installed a 1500 watt inverter in that cabinet, I dry camp a lot.. My question is where do you get the sat feed? Do you disconnect one side of the cable loop within the cabinet? Or is it located somewhere else?
Farmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
On my 2007 the sat feed is the lower plug on the jumper cable in the cabinet under the tv (left side). It goes directly to the outside cable/sat jack.

I put another shelf in the cabinet under the tv and have my receiver and vcr in there. I also installed smoked glass in the doors after removing the wood panels so my remote will work without leaving the door open. We also use a laptop so don't need that area for a computer. I installed a fireplace in the cabinet below it anyway.

Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
We have no computer spot on the Anniversary Model of the 2955RL. So that's not an option. We'll have to be a bit creative about this I guess. Bob thanks for answering the hook up question because I had no idea (unit isn't hooked up yet as it is now in the shop at Lazy Days and will be transferred to CW for the satellite antenna install).

Robin
Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Robin,

I use the HD HR20 reciever and have mounted it behind the TV on the back wall with those TV Grips sold at CW. The unit has RF Capabilty and with the RF Remote you do not need line of sight to the unit. There is plenty of room back there and it is totaly wasted space.
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Thank you! I did not know they had an RF capable receiver. Our Bose surround sound has it and I love it in the stick house as we can keep the doors to the cabinet close and still control the unit...wish all units were RF capbable!

Robin