Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
dennisl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7484
Fantastic service

Just today I discovered a problem with our new Mountaineer fiver. The toilet bowl will not hold water. Just bought the unit a few weeks ago, so naturally I was disappointed and frustrated that this would happen so soon. After inspecting the toilet I figured the seal and/or ball was defective. I figured I would either have to haul the thing 50 miles to the dealer or buy the parts and fix it myself. Fortunately for me, I did a search on our website and discovered this was a common problem AND THERE IS A FREE FIX. I just called Sealand and they are shipping me a repair kit free of charge to take care of the problem. THIS WEBSITE IS THE GREATEST. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer questions and solve problems. I hope I will be able to help other owners somehow in the future. Thanks again.

dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Ahhhhhhhhhh - another satisfied "customer."
I don't think there's any way to put a dollar amount against what can be found on this forum, not to mention the aggravation saved.
Way to go.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dennisl

Just today I discovered a problem with our new Mountaineer fiver. The toilet bowl will not hold water. Just bought the unit a few weeks ago, so naturally I was disappointed and frustrated that this would happen so soon. After inspecting the toilet I figured the seal and/or ball was defective. I figured I would either have to haul the thing 50 miles to the dealer or buy the parts and fix it myself. Fortunately for me, I did a search on our website and discovered this was a common problem AND THERE IS A FREE FIX. I just called Sealand and they are shipping me a repair kit free of charge to take care of the problem. THIS WEBSITE IS THE GREATEST. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer questions and solve problems. I hope I will be able to help other owners somehow in the future. Thanks again.
Same problem, same solution.

The only disappointment is that in over a year, Sealand has not yet fixed the toilet and Keystone keeps putting the same bad toilet in their RVs.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We, too, have benefited from the wisdom of the members on this website. You might want to remember, though, that you'll still probably need to use vaseline to keep the water from leaking after awhile.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
skbstone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7371
Dennis,

Our 3400RL '07 just started having problems with the toilet holding water also, we got ours this March. Ours is the Dometic Sealand Model 210.
I eliminated the dealer and called Customer Service Number I found in our Manual for the Toilet. 1-800-321-9886. The lady was Very nice. This has been a big and on going problem for them. She said they have a better seal now. (I'm thinking postive on this one) She sent me seal kit free of charge and arrived yesterday. My husband has replaced them in our Other campers in the past, but this is the first for our Monty..

One thing to remember. It is VERY important to torque it down correctly.

Also a word of caution. The Customer service lady also told me NEVER apply vaseline to the seals. Good luck

Ditto on what the others said about this forum.. It is indeed the Greatest!!! I have learned so much from all the wonderful people.

Sharon
Yantis, Texas
skbstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Just out of curosity,has anyone found a replacement toilet that bolts right in and has the same water connections?
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Just out of curosity,has anyone found a replacement toilet that bolts right in and has the same water connections?
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
congrats on your Mountaineer! Enjoy ...
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote