Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2006, 07:40 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I will get the inline filter, then use the eSpring in the kitchen for drinking/cooking. eSpring is an awesome system, albeit a little pricey (~$500). But I don't think you can get better protection, and since we will be FT, this is a "no brainer".

I just looked up the specs on eSpring. Min press requirement is 15#. Is that a problem anywhere while camping? Or with our water pump?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #22
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

We "double filter" the water. I have two filters connected together between the CG water and my city water input. The first filter is merely for removing dirt and other sediment. The second filter (Hydralife from CW) removes the water impurities. In our nearly six years of fulltiming we have not had a water "taste" problem. I think the double filtering does the job.
So do we and I have to agree on the water "taste" part. The earlier picture posted was taken from the CW site.

Below is my set up..

On the left is a GE and on the right is a Whirlpool

As you can see I am not hooked up but rather we are staying at a friends house while they are visiting family over Father's Day weekend.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
tmarshall
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6027
I have the blue inline water filter on my water hose from walmart before the water enters the trailer. This helps to keep sediment out of all my water lines. For drinking water I installed a reverse osmosis water system that I bought at Lowe's for $150. The RO system works great. All my water is the same quality that you buy if not better. I lived on the gulf coast of Texas in Anahuac for a while and the water quality was terrible. The city would send out water reports that listed everything out of spec. The results were scary. I started buying water from the water machine in the store. My 5-gallon jug took up a lot of room on my counter so I installed the RO system. I have 1.5 gallons of filtered water at a time in the holding tank and use it for drinking, cooking, coffee, ice cubes, and basically any water I consume. The holding tank takes about 3 hours to filter 1.5 gallons of water. It takes up no room and fits nicely under the sink with no modifications. It's more expensive than buying water, but I never have to run to the store for water and I have all my counter space free.
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #24
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Dave, now we are in a private park in colorado and have good water, never thought about on the road thanks, I will be geting a whole house unit. The espring is a bit pricy but I have had it for 3-4 years and they are the best.. also I sell them. If anyone interested contact me by email Montana fokes I give them cost price. OK no ads.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #25
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
We have the whole house filter and one on the faucet, I drink lots of water and rarely have to buy any. The water at the Fairgrounds was OK as I remember, the dogs and I drank from a faucet or two on the grounds and it was OK.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:29 AM   #26
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Beleive the water at the fairgrounds is city water, but it is still hard(er) than some may be used to. We will be using one inline filter and the water softener.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote