Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I Am Soooooo!!! MAD

Went to Walmart today to do some shopping and that was fun, came out to find that someone had backed or run into the back of our Serria on the right passenger side . The bumper is ruined and will have to have a new one, the rear panal is pushed in and over where we cannot let down the tailgate. We searched for a witness but could not find anyone that saw it. I know it can be fixed but it will take time and we only have the truck to get us around. I know things happen but at this point I am wondering (WHY ME)

Sorry But I just had to tell someone and could not think of anyone but my MOC family.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Linda and Walt
So sorry to hear about the accident. I know how bad it is when you only have one vehicle. Hope things get fixed quick and are as good as new.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What a terrible thing to have happen, and right around the holidays. It must have been Scrooge. Sure hope you can get it fixed with a minimum of inconvenience.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Check the store for security cameras.They usually scan the parking lot..It MAY be on tape...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I feel so bad for you. I can't believe what some people will ignore.. I know this won't help you but the other day we were pulling into a parking lot at JoAnn's and a lady backed out of her spot and kept on backing up until she banged into the car behind her in the next row and then just left the lot without even stopping. Now there is no way she could have not known that she smashed the other car but didn't even stop to se the damage. We were watching the whole thing and she just waved when she went by us. The guts of some people.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Now that is a real BUMMER! Rich has some good advice as I know most Wally Worlds have parking lot surveillance cameras
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
We had $600 worth of damage a few years back on our vehicle. Maybe it's something you just have to pay for "always low prices"? We still shop at Walmart, but always park way out on the edges of the lot and walk in.
BTW: We spent a couple of nights at Longsteert this fall and enjoyed our stay and Death Valley.
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:27 PM   #8
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Bummer. For the amount of damage you described, they had to be moving pretty fast. There is no way they didn't know.
Good luck getting back together and on the road.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #9
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Too bad. Sorry to hear about the accident. But at least nobody (I assume) was hurt!
Hope you get everything fixed soon.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #10
Champ203
Established Member

M.O.C. #4767
I can't remember not seeing a walmart without multiple security cameras. They have them for their liability purposes. It might be worth a call to the store manager to see how you can review the tapes (more likely digital images on a hard drive). You might have to get the police involved to gain access......

Champ203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #11
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Real sorry to hear about that. Don't get me going on lack of responsibility. On the positive side you have a working vehicle. My son came home last week to find his car stolen. It was recovered yesterday. One crispy critter. Totaled and burnt to the ground.
Good luck, hope you catch the low life, and tow safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:51 AM   #12
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Sorry about the accident. Try the store security camera idea, it might heip, if only to convice your insurance company that it was not your fault. (I counted 16 cameras (or look-alikes) at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Foley, AL recently). Also, check to see if you have replacement vehicle coverage on your policy.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:00 AM   #13
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
I totally empathize with you. Hope things do work our for you. A couple of years ago i had already entered a gas station and was almost at the pump when a lady came flying in and smacked me totaling her car. I had a big diesel so there wasn't much damage to mine, but in Washington state if you have an accident on private property and there are no injuries, the police will take your statements but no investigation is done. So it becomes he said, she said and the insurance companies fight it out and so no one wins.
I do understand your pain and do hopes it works out well......Les
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 AM   #14
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Thanks to all of you and our Insurance co. I am feeling better this morning.GMAC Full timers insurance wrote it up as a hit and run and will not raise the rates. A apraiser will be coming here to do the estimate and give us a check,then we can take it where ever we want to. Will keep you posted on progress.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:34 AM   #15
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
So glad that it has worked out and it definitely is a hit and run. Good advertising for GMAC. We all rejoice with you.....Les
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by prariepoodle

Thanks to all of you and our Insurance co. I am feeling better this morning.GMAC Full timers insurance wrote it up as a hit and run and will not raise the rates. A apraiser will be coming here to do the estimate and give us a check,then we can take it where ever we want to. Will keep you posted on progress.
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:10 AM   #16
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Great news and a definite plus for GMAC insurance. We've been looking at them and are glad to hear they came through so fast for you.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #17
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I usually park at end of lot by it self, for excersize and maybe the lazy scumbag who "would" hit your car would also be to lazy to walk that far......I'd be mad too if they hit mine ,it's a real job to avoid these things.

find a good body man and good luck.
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #18
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Sorry to hear about your loss. Thank goodness for insurance.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote